Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RyzenoID
Adept I

RX 6600 XT appears yellow tint on monitor while watching Videos

Hello all, I'm new in this community.

I need help after I occurred a problem when after I did reinstall AMD Driver 22.11.2.

The problem is whenever I open a browser and tried to watch some videos, the videos went yellow-tinted somehow.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I did reinstall the driver to the older one with version 22.5.1 but the problem still occurs.

Edit : I managed to fix it temporarily by disabling hardware-acceleration, but that causing my browser feels janky and lags. I still need help to resolve this issue.

Video is provided here.

Edit : Photo is provided here too.

Photo when I tried to watch YouTubePhoto when I tried to watch YouTube

My specs :
AMD Ryzen 5 4650G

MSI B450M-A Pro MAX

2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 RAM

AMD RX 6600 XT ASUS Dual OC (Not overclocked, all default configurations)

480GB ADATA SU650 SATA III SSD

1TB SEAGATE 7200RPM SATA III HDD

Bocchi - ehehe awawawawawawawa
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Your computer should not have any issue running without hardware acceleration.

Try go to edge://flags/ in Edge browser and change Angle Graphic Backend to OpenGL. 

Maybe you have some video filter enabled or have you installed some 3rd party codec or codec pack? Try removing/disabling it.

0 Likes

@MADZyren wrote:

Your computer should not have any issue running without hardware acceleration.

Try go to edge://flags/ in Edge browser and change Angle Graphic Backend to OpenGL. 

Maybe you have some video filter enabled or have you installed some 3rd party codec or codec pack? Try removing/disabling it.

I want to enable the Hardware Acceleration because I tend to open a website that has lots of visuals and motions, hence why it lags when I disabled it.
I tested changing Angle Graphic Backend to OpenGL with no luck, still having those yellow-tint (HW-Accel Enabled) while watching YT videos.

about the video filter, I assume I didn't change any, it's all default. Also no 3rd party codec or some suspicious codecs installed.

My Windows is fresh installed 3 days ago.
Windows Version 19044.1288 - 21H2

0 Likes

"I tend to open a website that has lots of visuals and motions"

They say those websites helped spread internet to homes so fast *cough*

If you don't have any other image artefacts or issues, you might want to check your monitor cable is connected properly, try another cable, try another output and input port, connect computer to television (HDMI) for testing and check, just to be sure, that you have not accidentally enabled any video enhancement feature or filter unintentionally with some hotkey combination.

And you don't have any Windows night light enabled either. Have you tried another browser than what you normally use?

0 Likes

@MADZyren wrote:

"I tend to open a website that has lots of visuals and motions"

They say those websites helped spread internet to homes so fast *cough*

If you don't have any other image artefacts or issues, you might want to check your monitor cable is connected properly, try another cable, try another output and input port, connect computer to television (HDMI) for testing and check, just to be sure, that you have not accidentally enabled any video enhancement feature or filter unintentionally with some hotkey combination.

And you don't have any Windows night light enabled either. Have you tried another browser than what you normally use?

ehe, well I'm playing Genshin Impact and those web events takes a lot of motions and video stuff, hence why it turns yellow everytime I open the video playbacks.

I'm currently using HDMI as my main connection but haven't tested it out using DisplayPort, due to some stability issues I had on DisplayPort (idk maybe the cable was bad or something else).

Windows Night Light is disabled and everything is set as default with no enhancement whatsoever.

Also, I did tried it using Google Chrome and Opera GX, both have the same result.

0 Likes
SkinLink
Journeyman III

Any solution?

0 Likes

I've had this issue for a couple weeks and if you don't want to disable hardware acceleration like OP did

open chrome and type this

chrome://flags/#force-color-profile

and change the force color profile option from default to "sRGB"

switching that option fixed it for me

0 Likes