Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Syron
Adept I

Radeon 7900 XT crashes in games and issues

Hello,

I have a new computer (setup is below) and the following problems are since:

Even with a game like "Crusader Kings 3" which has very minimal system requirements and is by no means performance demanding, my computer works like it is at its limit. I get a crash after 15-25 minutes in the game, the same with Bannerlords 2, where I even got a bluescreen.

With my old 6 year old computer I never had such problems and am quite confused why this now occurs with a new setup.

My computer as follows:

Ryzen 7 700X
ASRock B650 LiveMixer
XFX Speester MERC 310 Radeon RX 7900XT 20GB
NZXT T120 Air Cooler - RC - TN120-Bq - CPU Cooler

GIGABYTE P850GM 850W
G.Skill Ripjas Black DIMM Kit 32G GB
Western Digital PC SN530 NVMe SS 256GB
Curcial BX500 2TB SATA SSD

Thermaltake Versa T27 TG ARGB Black (Case)
be quiet! Pure Wings 2 High-Speed

Windows 11
All driver updates up to date -> also did a complete RESET of my PC with Windows and BIOS (to default) to fix any potential issues....

Here's what AMD GPU 1 shows me when I run the low performance game Crusader Kings 3:

https://i.imgur.com/10NQsZt.png

(is also german)

My abnormalities:

My VRAM clock speed is always at 2847 in every game, no matter which one, which I don't think is really normal? Recent bluescreens have always stated the error with the code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or something always due to memory. Is it somehow possible that my RAM is not working properly and that's why the games crash sooner or later?

Otherwise I would have no clue. If anyone with expertise needs more info to possibly help, I'll offer any info if I can find it.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Hopefully you have their "fixed" revision of the GIGABYTE P850GM 850W

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-full-refund-product-exchange-explosive-psus#:~:text=Gigab....

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
SirLancesAlot
Journeyman III

I'm having similar issues. Had to trouble shoot multiple errors starting with a blue screen with smiley face when installing the drivers for windows 10, screen freezing, black screening, case open error, PCI error, VGA error, hardware settings have changed error, fTPM error and there were a few others. I changed to Windows 11 and downloaded that but I think I needed to delete something before just adding it to the PC because it did not help anything? My fps in Rust is 30fps when set to low graphics and 1080p resolution. Game crashed after a few hours of playing to black screen. Pretty sure something with the Graphics cards drivers compatibility with windows is what I think it is.

Ryzen 7 7700x

Asus Rog Strix B650-A

Radeon RX 7900XT

Corsair RM850

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz (16GB x2)

990 PRO PCIe 4.0 BVNe N.2 SSD

0 Likes