cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Youshang
Journeyman III

My 7900 xtx temps and my search for a new case.

After struggling with high average GPU Core(80-85°) and Hotspot Temperatures(110°) it turned out it was just my bad case blocking the airflow. I've attached my current temps under load below. Are these ok or is there room for improvement(without replacing the cooler on my card)?

Any suggestion for a suitable case and cooler setup? My CPU(5600x) is currently cooled by a AiO Watercooling solution from Corsair which keeps it below 60° most of the time. I've been eyeing a Bequiet Dark Base 900 as a new solution but I'm open to any and all suggestions as long as they include at least one slot for a BR drive.

Screenshot (15).jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

if these temps are under load , yeah perfectly fine

for a case recommandation sorry can't help .. dark base seems fine with all these hd slots, but seems also very expansive  for such a pc case ... is your current case totally closed ? no possibility to add some fan to improve airflow ?

0 Likes

Not much I can do in terms of improving airflow without fully deconstructing the case. The preinstalled fans can't be accessed through my bios and will be a pain to be removed, also the front of the case doesn't look like it will allow for much more additional air to be sucked in.. so yeah, never skimp on your case when building a pc.

oh i just saw that dark base 900 was a  full tower , ok seem a average price for this type of case in fact... i take back what i said about price

0 Likes