kendallj76
Journeyman III

Monitors will not stay asleep

Dell XPS 8930

Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz

64 GB DDR4 Ram

Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2 TB Boot Drive

Vision Tek Radeon RX 550 4GB Graphics

Since I Installed this graphics card my monitors will wake about 3 seconds after they've gone to sleep. I have tried every setting, command and registry change I could find with no luck. I only figured out the issue after I pulled the card and went back to a single display on my Intel inside graphics and it worked normally. For a very brief time after I reinstalled the card and hooked it up to only 1 monitor did it work fine, and then it started to wake again. Tried several of my other monitors in this same configuration on the off chance one of them was feeding voltage back, also with no luck.

Does anyone know what's up with this? Did I just buy a bad or issue prone card? Also, What's the difference between Vision Tek and AMD? Seems like there's two different manufacturers of the same model of equipment. Did I but a knock off?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Could be the 'AMD U.E.P' setting in Preferences is enabled?, should show as 'Learn more' which is off.

Or could be some 3rd party app (oc/fan control?) tapped into the card?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes