Hello, 

PC Specifications: 

RX 6900 XT 

Ryzen 7 5800x 

32 Gb 3600 Mhz CL 18-22-22-36

750 Watts be quiet straight power 

Asus ROG STRIX B550F Gaming

Gigabyte M27Q 170 Hz QHD 

My Problem is already mentioned in some Posts, but not for Warzone 2 yet. I just wanted to know if there is somebody else who has the same Problem as me I have around 150 FPS which is to less for the 6900 XT. My Graphics card is not fully utilized in Warzone 2 it's always around 70% to 85% at QHD. Only if I put the Render Resolution on 150 which equals 4k then it is on 100%. I tried a bunch of different things I already switched ULPS off, in addition I tried different Graphic drivers but none of them worked properly. Every other game I tried is working fine, it seems that Warzone 2 has such a brutal CPU usage that it just can't keep up. The CPU should be fine in combination with the 6900 XT there should be no Bottleneck. I am pretty sure that I am not able to fix this problem unless I buy another CPU which is a lot more Powerful or the Devs fix the Game, so it works properly, but I sadly have no influence on that. 

Thanks for the opinions! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nicko77
Journeyman III

As you've already ascertained, Warzone/2 is heavily CPU bound. Additionally, it's affected significantly by system latency, which the chiplet CPU's such as your 5800x struggle with more.

Your 6900 XT is actually a great card for Warzone as the CoD engine was initially optimised for AMD GPU's.

So basically your CPU/RAM combo cannot supply enough data to saturate your GPU and there is your bottleneck. The power draw is simply a function of this.

Either increase graphics settings or upgrade your CPU/RAM - I've seen the 6900XT run at nearly 300fps on a different platform (benchmarks are online). I am looking at purchasing one myself, hence stumbling on your thread

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Nicko77
Journeyman III

As you've already ascertained, Warzone/2 is heavily CPU bound. Additionally, it's affected significantly by system latency, which the chiplet CPU's such as your 5800x struggle with more.

Your 6900 XT is actually a great card for Warzone as the CoD engine was initially optimised for AMD GPU's.

So basically your CPU/RAM combo cannot supply enough data to saturate your GPU and there is your bottleneck. The power draw is simply a function of this.

Either increase graphics settings or upgrade your CPU/RAM - I've seen the 6900XT run at nearly 300fps on a different platform (benchmarks are online). I am looking at purchasing one myself, hence stumbling on your thread

0 Likes

I have the same problem in warzone, my setup being 6900xt / 5900x with 32gb RAM (3200) at a frequency of 2k.
and the options are on high so that I can request more of the video card.. but in warzone I have between 130-160 FPS... and I had higher expectations...
can you help me please? or would you like a suggestion?

I recently reinstalled windows 11
the divers are up to date..

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

i have the same problem.

sitting around 130-150fps with amd 5900x + 6800xt.

GPU is only around 70% usage the hole time..

But my cpu is also not on 100% usage? which component is then the bottlneck?

0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

A bit old thread but as a reminder... Your bottleneck is depending on CPU + GPU + RAM + RESOLUTION. Long story short: the lower the resolution/graphics detail, the more frames GPU can push to the processor and in some point the processor's limit may be reached and then the system starts throttling the GPU. Sometimes ULPS may kick in for a reason or another and cause low FPS or random fluctuating of FPS. Try disabling it and see if it helps.

Reg edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000 -> Edit the DWORD "EnableUlps" : 1 -> 0 and reboot

MSI Afterburner:
Settings -> General tab -> Tick "Disable ULPS" and reboot.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)