cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Alexx7
Journeyman III

Loss of Quality in games (Blurry screen) 6600xt

Hello, I have rx 6600xt rog strix edition, and I am facing issue such as blurry screen in games without turning on Radeon Image Sharpening, that issue started when new driver released, I was struggling to update the drivers, I was trying to update the drivers because my screen was blurry in games, I couldn't update the drivers because my system wasn't letting me to, than I uninstalled my old drivers and installed new ones (upgrade from 22.Q3 to 22.Q4), but I am still facing above mentioned problem and couldn't find any solution for it . (My PSU is 750W 80+ bronze Goldenfield edition), as I far as I know 11/15/2022 is release date of 22.Q4 but when I look at window of DRIVER & SOFTWARE in my software it says ,,Current Version 22.Q4 Released 10/25/2022"

0 Likes
12 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

A driver should not really affect like that.

- Check your Windows settings to make sure you still have correct refreshrare selected

- Make sure you are running at monitors resolution

- Make sure you don't have RSR or FSR enabled and that you in-game resolution settings and such are normal.

You might want to clear shader cache just in case

Is it possible your eyes are just so used to image sharpening, that normal now looks too soft?

0 Likes

I have tried uninstalling driver and installing again, even more I have installed new operating system ( deleting all the files ) and nothing helps. about my eyes I have asked my friends if they think image is blurry and they said yes

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

"issue started when new driver released, I was struggling to update the drivers, I was trying to update the drivers because my screen was blurry in games"

So you already had the issue with blurry games and wanted to update drivers to fix it, but had trouble updating drivers?

"My PSU is 750W 80+ bronze Goldenfield edition"

Tried to google that. Does not ring any bell. While I doubt PSU would cause blurry image - I suppose electrical problems perhaps kind of still could, maybe, though never encountered that to happen - I would consider getting a good quality PSU in the future.

Have you checked monitor refreshrate and resolution is at what your monitor supports?

Have you tried with another cable and you do use a digital cable and not some analog one?

And you are not using any adaptor between GPU and monitor?

And if you connect GPU to television, is the image still blurry?

Check you don't have virtual super resolution on in Radeon software (and not using it to increase resolution on desktop)

Is desktop blurry as well or just some specific games?

And you are using flat monitor and not a tube one?

0 Likes

So you already had the issue with blurry games and wanted to update drivers to fix it, but had trouble updating drivers? Yes, I was trying to update driver from Amd Adrenaline Pro Edition but I couldn't. than I deleted all the drivers and installed new ones.

Tried to google that. Does not ring any bell. While I doubt PSU would cause blurry image - I suppose electrical problems perhaps kind of still could, maybe, though never encountered that to happen - I would consider getting a good quality PSU in the future.

Here is the link of it : https://ultra.ge/Golden_Field/Power%20Supply:%20Golden%20Field%20ATX-750W%2080Plus%20Bronze%20750W where I brought it from

Have you checked monitor refreshrate and resolution is at what your monitor supports?

My monitor is HP X24c and my current resolution is 1920 x 1080 144Hz

Have you tried with another cable and you do use a digital cable and not some analog one?

No, I haven't

And you are not using any adaptor between GPU and monitor?

No, I just use HDMI that came with monitor

And if you connect GPU to television, is the image still blurry?

I haven't tried yet

Check you don't have virtual super resolution on in Radeon software (and not using it to increase resolution on desktop)

I have all turned off.

Is desktop blurry as well or just some specific games?

I don't know, can't see difference.

And you are using flat monitor and not a tube one?

Of course, the flat one.

0 Likes

Take a screenshot of a blurry game and post it here. Does it appear blurry as a screenshot too?

Could it be just motion blur?

0 Likes

I will send images now

0 Likes

Here are two saved images of my gameplay, one highest settings 1920 x 1080 image sharpening turned off: and second the highest settings 1920 x 1080 image sharpening turned on:

0 Likes

Does either one appear blurry to you? FoV is different and one has a lot of sharpening. I can't notice else.

0 Likes

Its not noticeable in image at all, but when you are playing the game it is, Before it was not blurry, It is even more noticeable in PUBG Mobile or PUBG you have to be blind not to see difference. I would show you screenshots of it but I have deleted the games. I am sure that there is blurry screen without image sharpening turned on. Everything was fine in the past. It is playable but its discomfort for me.

0 Likes

Could be that you have Radeon Boost enabled, which reduces resolution while you are moving.

Other option would be motion blur

One option could be that your refreshrate has changed

Also have you installed "monitor driver" which is a weird name for color profile for monitor, which can affect how image looks like. You can download that from HP.

Then there settings built in to monitor, which can affect sharpness. I don't use them, so can't remember what they are called. All kinds of backlight strobing and overdrive and whatever.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

run DDU .. remove all things AMD GPU driver related .. reboot .. and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

IF you are running an AM4 setup .. be sure to go to AMD.com for latest AM4 Chipset drivers

Toggle off Radeon Boost, Chill, and Anti-Lag and see if that helps

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
kingtlt
Journeyman III

Same here

Even interface is blurry, wth amd?

examplesimage_2023-04-23_21-15-53-min.pngimage_2023-04-23_21-15-32-min.png

0 Likes