cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jessop
Journeyman III

it it normal for fans to stop spinning

I have an AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT, I do know some boards these days are smart enough to have the fans spin only when its needed like under a load, but is my GPU one of them that does this?  Right now for example, i'm just browsing the web not playing games and the fans are not spinning is this a normal behavior now for GPU cards?

I am using driver version:  22.20.29.10-221130a-386458C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

0 Likes
1 Solution
sur6e
Elite

Depends on if the card has the feature. You can see it in the Radeon software under Performance > Tuning > Custom > Zero RPM.

You can also tweak the fan speed there.

I think some higher end AIB partner made cards have the feature. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT and it has the feature.

On the desktop the fans will occasionally spin up a little if the feature is on, but most of the time they'll probably be off especially if you have good airflow otherwise. In gaming or other loads on the GPU the temperatures will rise and the fans start.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sur6e
Elite

Depends on if the card has the feature. You can see it in the Radeon software under Performance > Tuning > Custom > Zero RPM.

You can also tweak the fan speed there.

I think some higher end AIB partner made cards have the feature. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT and it has the feature.

On the desktop the fans will occasionally spin up a little if the feature is on, but most of the time they'll probably be off especially if you have good airflow otherwise. In gaming or other loads on the GPU the temperatures will rise and the fans start.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
Jessop
Journeyman III

I have the XFX board and yup zero rpm was enabled thank you, for a bit there I thought I was losing my mind.  

0 Likes