cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Eli_ez
Journeyman III

Increasing VRAM on Ryzen 7 5700u with a Hp Pavilion Laptop?

I have the hp 15-eh1070wm pavilion laptop and I need the VRAM increased the only problem is the Registry Editor option doesn't work and the Bios doesn't have a option to increase it also I have no thunderbolt ports what do I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Seems like HP has made your vRAM amount permanent since there is no BIOS Settings to increase the vRAM.

Windows will use whatever System RAM is needed to run any programs or games by the Integrated Graphics. Having more vRAM might make the Integrated Graphics more efficient in doing its job.

vRAM can only be changed in BIOS and not through any tweaks in Windows. Possibly HP could come out with a newer BIOS version that does have a setting for increasing the Integrated vRAM.  Otherwise you will just have to accept the amount of vRAM that came with your laptop.

I would open a HP Support ticket and ask them directly. It is possible you missed or misread the BIOS Setting to increase vRAM. If you didn't then HP Support might be able to tell you if they will have that option in the future via a BIOS update or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Seems like HP has made your vRAM amount permanent since there is no BIOS Settings to increase the vRAM.

Windows will use whatever System RAM is needed to run any programs or games by the Integrated Graphics. Having more vRAM might make the Integrated Graphics more efficient in doing its job.

vRAM can only be changed in BIOS and not through any tweaks in Windows. Possibly HP could come out with a newer BIOS version that does have a setting for increasing the Integrated vRAM.  Otherwise you will just have to accept the amount of vRAM that came with your laptop.

I would open a HP Support ticket and ask them directly. It is possible you missed or misread the BIOS Setting to increase vRAM. If you didn't then HP Support might be able to tell you if they will have that option in the future via a BIOS update or not.

0 Likes