cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dorhmin
Journeyman III

Image output problem RX570 8GB Gigabyte

monitor 1.jpgmonitor 2.jpgmonitor 3.jpgmonitor 4.jpgmonitor 5.jpgmonitor 6_1.jpgmonitor 6_2.jpgHello I have a RX570 8GB graphics card exactly (Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 8GB GDDR5 (GV-RX570GAMING-8GD 2.0)).

I also have a LG monitor (Monitor LG 24GM77-B) in this monitor full refresh rate is 144Hz only on DVI-D and DP connector.

And here comes the problem well I bought the card along with the monitor in January 2019. So far I have only used DVI-D connector because I owned one monitor and other connectors I didn't even check.

Now when I wanted to plug in a second monitor a problem arose that only the DVI-D connector works on the card. The rest of the connectors i.e. 3x DP and 1x HDMI do not want to display the image at all, as if they were inactive / switched off. What could be the reason for the ports not working? Can they be switched on somehow? Or are they rather broken?

Anticipating questions, I have checked this on various working monitors, all monitors are functional as they work without issue when connected to other laptops or computers. What my personal monitor on other connectors works too (LG 24GM77-B). It's not a cable/cable issue either because I bought new ones even for this purpose, but also the old ones work too (checked on other computers/TVs/laptops).

As for the technical stuff I have the latest AMD driver version 21.6.1, all updates for Windows 10. As for the rest of the specs:

CPU: I5 3350P

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB

Motherboard: Intel DB75EN

RAM: DDR3 Kingston 2x4GB (9905403-198.A00LF)

SSD: (system) Crucial 500GB MX500

HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB

Power Supply: AeroCool KCAS 600W.

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Likes
6 Replies
Dorhmin
Journeyman III

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

If your trying to use Display Port, maybe go into the OSD settings on your monitor and set the Input to Display Port..

It's possible it is not auto switching from dvi to DP..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Manually changing the picture output in the monitor settings I also checked. In addition, when connecting the monitor to other PCs or laptops the video outputs switch automatically.

0 Likes
Dorhmin
Journeyman III

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Try connecting to another monitor where you get signal.

I saw that your LG monitor supports lower resolutions at 800x600 @ 60Hz and 1024x768 @60Hz. Restart the PC to ensure you still get signal and image on the other monitor. Now Power Down PC and connect to the LG monitor and see if you get signal.

Sometimes new monitors are set to a factory default resolution and don't auto adjust to PC output of a higher resolution.

There is also the possibility the firmware on the monitor needs to be updated. 

0 Likes

I checked everything thoroughly and my LG monitor works fine on every resolution, the monitor didn't need an update either. Everything has been checked again, but still the image outputs from the video card do not give a signal.

0 Likes