cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

siyabartin
Adept I

I'm really tired of stuttering. (RX 590)

They added Cold War to CoD Warzone in November 2020 with a big update, I've been having stuttering issues since this. When this update first came my FPS dropped by 10 FPS. At that time I had a Ryzen 2600 CPU and I was starting to get 65 FPS. But that wasn't the problem, although 65 FPS isn't a low FPS, the game had awful performance. The game made me feel the performance was 20 FPS. As you know, stuttering is something like this... I tried everything for 1 month but it didn't work, I finally gave up and changed my CPU to Ryzen 5600x from Ryzen 2600. Stuttering didn't go away but my FPS increased to 110 FPS. This was a little better, because this time I felt like I was playing at 70 FPS. But in some places the game drops to 90 FPS and the stuttering feels more and I'm starting to feel like I'm playing at 50 FPS. Long story short, changing the CPU was not the solution, I even changed my motherboard at that time, so it became certain that the problem was the RX 590. I would also like to replace the GPU but it was too late because the stock issue had started.

I want to play this game without stuttering. There is nothing I haven't tried for 1 year... Don't offer me classical solution suggestions. I've tried all the solutions on youtube, they're all useless. One more thing; I don't have any problems with any game, in Apex Legends and BF5 everything is fine. Among Cod games, my performance is fine in Cold War. But there is stuttering in Modern Warfare 2019 and Vanguard. As you know, these 2 games use the same game engine...

PC Specs: AMD Driver: 21.8.2 (I tried a lot of different drivers before, all the same.)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: ASRock RX 590
Ram: 16GB 3000Mhz (XMP is enabled)
Motherboard: Max Tomahawk B450
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
Monitor: AOC 24g2u 144Hz

0 Likes
10 Replies
Aeyesi
Adept I

Do you use custom FAN tuning? Or any tuning at all? Do you have settings on default aka Automatic?

0 Likes

Finally a comment. No sir, my all performance settings are default. I made a few undervolting settings by looking at Youtube, but it didn't fix the stuttering and gave me low fps. However, I think a few adjustments might solve my problem. But I don't know which values are correct there.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Have you tried dropping the quality of the graphics in game..

If it was after an update to the game, it's more likely to be a problem from the update as it was fine before..

With the Rx card they say " The recommended specs to run at 60FPS in most situations with all options set to medium"

The competitive specs to run at a high FPS for use with a high refresh monitor "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / RTX 3070 or Radeon RX Vega64 Graphics"

So the RX 590 card is not for high refresh rate or FPS..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I think you didn't read what I wrote properly.

My problem is not with FPS. I'm already getting 110fps, which is a great value, but i'm feeling i'm playing on 50 FPS because of the stuttering. No other game has this problem. And yeah, i'm playing on the lowest settings. Otherwise I'll get 80-90fps and stuttering will be felt more. Believe me, I know what performance the RX 590 promises. That's why I bought a 5600x CPU with it. Warzone is a CPU intensive game and I can see 110 fps thanks to my CPU. Before that i had Ryzen 2600 and my FPS was 70, and stuttering was horrible. The main broken hardware here is definitely the RX 590.

Your RX 590 isn't broken, the update for that game increased the specs..

Now to play, you would have to drop the quality settings..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Read my comment properly before making a comment. I already told you that I'm playing on lowest settings and getting good fps. If you don't know what stuttering is please don't make any comment here. RX 590 is a broken card.

0 Likes

If that's how you talk to people trying to help, then sort it out yourself..

I'm sorry, but what really disrespectful attitude is to reply without reading the other person's comments.

0 Likes

You are disrespectful..

No one else is being rude..

Your attitude is really bad..

0 Likes

Hello,

Well, if the hardware isn't an issue, then I'd consider the up and/or down rates to the game server(s). Number of servers that are up as well location of said servers, not to exclude login server. Now and then I do test how my bandwidth is to different places around the world out of curiosity. I've done a few networking tweaks when needed to glean a better response times and etc. i.e. DNS  Anyways I just a thought that might not have been considered.

(swap a network card?)

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes