cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dio21
Adept I

How to fix core and memory clock drop under load in vega 8?

I have a ryzen 3 3200g that comes with vega 8, whenever I play games after every 5/6 minutes gpu sclk drops from 1250mhz to 200mhz causing huge fps drop.

And I think it's not thermal throttling cause gpu temp stays around 62-65°C during gaming. I tried reinstalling drivers but still no luck. Radeon chill, surface optimization is turned off, tessellation is set to application settings. Hpet, ulps is disabled. And high performance is chosen in control panel.

Edit: I see this is a common issue with all amd gpus, found so many similar posts and those were common suggestions I used to fix my issue but no luck.

10 Replies

Turn surface optimisation back on.
It was introduced to help AMD GPUs perform better.
https://www.cdrinfo.com/d7/content/latest-amd-drivers-reportedly-cheat-benchmarks

0 Likes

Tired turning off and on both, but the problem continues

0 Likes

What are the reported CPU Temps? 
You might be better overall setting balanced mode in Windows as it will drop the CPU clock to low frequency at any chance it can.

0 Likes

well I used amd balanced before, this problem happens in all of the power profiles

0 Likes

I'm on 21.3.2, previously 21.3.1(recommended) gave same problems that's why I updated

0 Likes

have you fix it problem with drop?

Did you solve the problem? 

0 Likes
seikya
Journeyman III

surface optimization turn on
tessellation override 2x
windows power plan balanced (in case need change max proc perofrmance 99%)
if the problem still persist force the afinity in all cores except first (use 1234567, disable 0)
limit cap 60 or 30fps depending game.

0 Likes

Did you have the same problem? 

0 Likes