Graphics Cards

arpit1234
Adept I

Global wattman not detecting gpu info.

Ryzen 7 3700x

asus gaming x470-f

rx5700xt

gskill trident z-2x8gb 3200 MH

1) The global WattMan settings do sense anything and is totally blank as in the attached picture. Even performance monitoring wont display GPU temp, fan speed and whole lot which were supposed to be.

2) HDMI audio doesn't work at all. it is detected when the windows starts but then after a minute or so it disappears from the control panel itself and hence doesn't work.

3)Experiencing very low fps sometimes. It falls up to 30 fps in games like cs:go, 15-20 in pubg.

As reported by others, crashes hasn't been an issue in my case and occasionally i receive 300 fps in cs:go so it can be concluded that its the drivers which are faulty and desperately need valid upgrade for efficient performance.

0 Likes
18 Replies
osirismelb
Adept III

Known issue, sometimes happens to me as well. Improved somewhat since they updated the driver to 19.7.2.

You can sometimes get it working again by disabling freesync and VSR in the monitor tab. Or re-enabling them and disabling them again and a reboot if they are already off.

Just watch out though if the sensor data isn't showing then it won't manage the fan speed and if you put it under load it will crash because it's overheated due to the fan not spinning up to keep it cool.

They know about it and hopefully will fix it up soon in a new driver release.

pcp_1989
Adept II

OMG this is happening to me as well ever since i upgraded my ryzen 5 1600 cpu to the new ryzen 5 3600. my system detects and runs my rx 580 flawlessly but when i swap my 580 for my 5700xt i ghet the exact same problem your describing with wattman and with game crashes but for me it was apex legends. i havent tried any others because my fans dont ramp up either and so i dont want to risk overheating my card and hurting it. when i have it working properly like as in when i put my ryzen 5 1600 (even tho there are some glitches even when im using this cpu but nothihng as bad as this here) im getting graphics scores of 27,755 and there abouts which is hitting with and higher then the 2070 super card according to the benchmarks im seeing on youtube. so it seems i have a pretty impressively powerful card here but that doesnt mean much when i cant use it because my system isnt detecting it  got my rma email from newegg because i was going to send it back tomorrow,  thought the card was bad because i couldnt find any issues like this listed in reddit or anywhere else. honestly glad i found this post like i said powerful card i think so ill hang on to it for a few more days and see if the issue can get worked out before i send it back. please AMD i dont want to return my card but if i cant use it im going to to have to send it back. BTW great processor tho the r5 3600 is really impressing me as well. from what i can tell im hitting right there with the 8700k and even beating it out sometimes so im very happy with that at least. great job just please help us with these graphics cards.

0 Likes

Do what I do and start up afterburner and turn the fan speed up to say 80% while you game so it stays cool. Then when done turn it back down again and your good to go. As long as the fan is running it will be ok.

0 Likes

cant when i had msi afterburner id get random game crashes, picture glitches across the top of my monitors screen which is shortly followed by some sort of crash like a freez or worse, gpu stops sending signal to monitors so they black screen or even worse still my whole system shuts down or reboots. honestly one of the ways i got things to work with my ryzen 5 1600 was uninstalling afterburner and just letting things run at stock. atleast then i could play some games without having freeze ups or shut downs. well except for every once in a great while it would shut down my system but that was because of overheating. you really have to set a custom fan curve with these to keep em cool enough.

0 Likes

You don't have to have it running. Just start it up, adjust fan speed to 80% and then apply the setting and then close it down again. Fan will still run and when you are done gaming, start it up again and turn fan back down or put it on auto.

0 Likes

Won't work for me I can't seem to have afterburner on my computer at all without having issues like I stated

0 Likes

MSI Afterburner works only if the card properties are detected. Unless the driver detects the those sensors, afterburner wont work. So this aint helping.

0 Likes
pcp_1989
Adept II

alright guys im over it. sending my 5700xt back for a refund tomorrow. as of friday i will of had this gpu for two weeks and for two weeks ive only managed to play maybe an hr of Apex Legends, like cmon AMD. I have essentially purchased a $400 paper weight and this is not acceptable. im currently sitting here with the latest windows graphic drivers installed and haven't even installed the amd drivers. that said msi afterburner is still doing the same thing that the wattman software was doing and not showing anything for my gpu, 0 core, 0 memory, 0mv, 0 fan speed is showing on msi afterburner. the thing is guys i uninstalled my amd drivers with ddu in safe mode and i havent even re downloaded them yet so theres no amd drivers on my computer and yet this problem is still a problem. thats kinda pointing to this being a problem with the graphics card itself and not a driver issue. i could be wrong but you cant blame the drivers/software if the software/drivers arent being used. anyways hope you guys get yours figured out but im personally done with this nonsense.

To run a hardware you need the proper software, msi afterburner derives data from the dedicated driver and so does other softwares. Its your call to return it or not, after all you own it but i personally recommend holding on till the return policy is valid as the hardware is an absolute beast. I did some testing when the drivers worked fine and they were amazing.

cs:go, highest settings, 1080 p: avg fps-230, peak -293, least-34(because of the loading page)

pubg pc, ultra, 1080 p: avg fps~120, peak 156, least-21(again because of the loading page)

nfs payback, highest settings, 1080p: avg fps~170, peak-213, least-48

Its definitely not the hardware. I really hope that amd fixes it soon otherwise ill switch to the green team as well.

0 Likes

oh i know first hand how good it is with roughly a 28,000 graphical score in firestrike. although firestrike isnt everything and just a rough performance tester im still impressed with the number. especially considering ive seen radeon 7's with lower scores. ive seen some that smokes it though so dont get me wrong im not saying this beats a radeon 7 or even ties it im just saying in firestrike ive hit similar if not better graphical scores. that doesnt mean squat for gaming in the real world tho. also i am returning it the only way it will work is in my secondary pcie slot which i figured out today so its running in the x8 slot but it wont run in the x16 slot. idk whats wrong with this thing drivers/bad card but there is def something wrong here and after two weeks im at my breaking point. i can however play games at the moment tho but im pretty sure the x8 slot is holding back my perfromance. i only got 26,000 graphical score in firestrike so there is a slight limiter taking place. games look good so far but i havent tracked any fps as of yet i literally just got it working again. it hasnt worked at all in 3 days so here in a little bit ill run some games and record the fps numbers. might drop and update on here for everyone. you guys might try a different pcie slot if you have more then one on your motherboard. wierdly it has worked for me. also the thing with the test i ran without amd drivers and only using window drivers was because i found some posts from ppl that claimed it worked for them. sadly it didnt work for me tho.

0 Likes
vegetagaru
Adept I

so i bought a 5700XT and im already missing my VEGA 64

im having this issue, i have the ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO latest bios  and nothing shows up on the wattman i tryed clean install with DDU and with all drivers since 19.7.1

i think i will refund it andd get a vega again

0 Likes
gmokgnok
Adept I

Oh no... I just waterblocked my Sapphire 5700 XT... And I have the same problem, no temp & clock information... My warranty is broken since I watercooled the card... FF SAKE, I also tryed a clean install but nothing changed... Please AMD tell us what's wrong !!

0 Likes
star4870
Journeyman III

Same story 5700XT anniversary edition. Water cooled 2month ago.

0 Likes

I have a 1440P 75hz Monitor, and that was the issue !

I used the software CRU to have a constant 60hz and that's it !! No more lags, wattman recognized my gpu instantly !

After two months I am finally happy with this gpu !

I can now enjoy my Watercooled pc lol, I hope you too !

0 Likes
fuknito
Adept I

Same, just bought an MSI 5700 MECH OC and i have to reboot 3 or 4 times before WATTMAN, Afterburner or any software for that matter detects the card. And sometimes the card is detected and for no reason everything foes to zeroes after a while! Not to mention that sometimes i get a blue screen always with the same error "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE", whatever that is.

Come on AMD, is it really that hard to make the cards detect correctly!? I cant be always looking behind my back to see if the fans are working!

0 Likes
gmokgnok
Adept I

I found a solution for me guys !

I have a 1440P 75hz Monitor, and that was the issue !

I used the software CRU to have a constant 60hz and that's it !! No more lags, wattman recognized my gpu instantly !

After two months I am finally happy with this gpu !

I think all these bugs depends on your monitor !

0 Likes

Well, your shortfix apparently works for the time being. After the lastest driver install i was getting blue screens every 5 minutes. I was going nuts! But this wont stand, i bought a 144Hz monitor at the end of 2018 and i´m not gonna stick around with a 60Hz playing graphics card.

If AMD wont adress this issue with the refresh rate and fix it so i can play at 1080p, max everything at 144Hz like it´s supposed to. I´m gonna have to sell the card and get and RTX 2060, that so far i´ve seen on NVIDIA forums has none of these issues.

Too bad, i´ve been a loyal AMD costumer since 2008 but i gotta get the performance i´m paying, not downgrading just because they cant sort their problems.

Thx for temp fix anyway.

0 Likes
fuknito
Adept I

Attention please!!! I have sorted out my problem with BSOD and faulty card detection!

It was the PCI-E version the card was using! I found trough another forum that many boards after being flashed start using PCI-E 4.0 and that´s what causes all the issues!

Use the GPU-Z benchmark for PCI-E version and check witch version is your board using for the GPU!

If you can change the PCI-E settings back to 3.0 in the BIOS, otherwise check if you have some BIOS update that will correct the error! That was the case with my Asus ROG Stryx B350-F Gaming.

No wonder it wasnt working when it was trying to implement a PCI-E speed that simply doesnt exist in the board!

Hope it helps!!!

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

0 Likes