cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

awonderr
Adept I

Device Hung crash on Apex Legends

so i've been getting this error for maybe 2 weeks now on apex, it seems to be random when it happens, sometimes i'll be just running with nothing going on, sometimes itll crash in a loading screen, usually nothing crazy is happening in the game when it crashes, ive tried a bunch of fixes like running in admin mode, making sure the monitor refresh rate is max, running on lowest settings, i have the latest drivers, tried older drivers, verifying files, ive always had my pc on stock frequencies, nothing seems to work.

weird bug.png

9 Replies
cerealkiller
Adept I

Yesterday I've created a topic for the same issue, on this forum. I've been experiencing the same issue for more than a month, it needs a fix already. They already updated drivers 3 times in the meantime but there is still no fix for it. Pretty sure they are getting tons of reports from the report tool.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Please see my topic here about this issue and a workaround for it. Not a fix but it will keep you from crashing.

0 Likes

I just turned off hardware acceleration for everything, even for Spotify since I'm also running it while playing games. Let's see if it works for me too. Regardless of whether it works or not, thanks a lot. At least yours looks like a solution to REALLY try. Instead of the ones I read that consist of 10 different solutions that might help but they're all trash.

UPDATE : It seems like the game is no longer crashing with the hardware acceleration off on apps. Tested it today, played apex legends nonstop for 8 hours, no crash. Thanks a lot @rawintellect !

0 Likes

You're welcome!

0 Likes

I guess i'll try this, the only programs i run while playing are spotify and discord and steam 

0 Likes

All three of those have hardware acceleration options. Chrome too.

0 Likes

ok so i forgot to reply, but i checked my settings and hardware acceleration was already off, so i dont think thats the issue for me

0 Likes
Psyhix69
Adept III

I am experiencing this on RX 7900 XTX and latest drivers.

0 Likes