Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Livers
Journeyman III

Cannot obtain 3440x1440 resolution

Hi,

I am not very IT savvy. I have just bought the following kit. AMD XG-AWD-01234 - 34" ultra wide monitor and AMD Xenta A6-9500.

I am not a gamer, but partially sighted. I am assured that both pieces of kit can deliver and display a resolution of 3440x1440.

However, in display settings and using the command xrandr -q, 1920x1080 is the maximum resolution listed. I suspect I'm having a driver problem. I'm using Ubuntu 23.4 (Lunar Lobster) and have the original drivers (CD) transferred onto a USB drive.

Can anyone help me please?

0 Likes
1 Reply
digipointer0
Adept III

Firstly, it's important to ensure that you have the correct drivers installed for your AMD graphics card. Using the drivers from the manufacturer's website is typically recommended, as they are usually more up to date than the ones on a CD.If you have the original drivers on a USB drive, you can try installing them. Insert the USB drive into your Ubuntu system and navigate to the USB drive using the file manager. Locate the driver installation files and run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers. After installation, restart your system and check if the resolution options have changed.Ensure that your AMD XG-AWD-01234 monitor is compatible with the resolution you desire (3440x1440). Check the specifications of the monitor to confirm the supported resolutions. It's possible that the monitor may require additional configuration or adjustments to achieve the desired resolution.

0 Likes