cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Insulus
Journeyman III

can not force custom resolution in adrenalin

i want to force a custom resolution that i know my monitor does not support. adrenaline will not accept this and will not create the resolution. how do i disable this undesired protection mode?

disclaimer: the resolution is not for the monitor, it is to set a windowed gaming mode in a resolution of my choosing, because i want to and no other reason.

Disclaimer 2: i realize that improper resolutions can and will cause a screen to fry itself and am strongly opposed to adrenaline software attempting to apply custom resolutions to a screen it obviously was never intended to be applied to.

0 Likes
2 Replies

As far as I am aware you can't force a Resolution that your monitor doesn't support or exceeds it Refresh rate.

Generally if you do you won't get any video output from your monitor.

What is the Make & Model of your Monitor and how is it connected to your PC?

You can't set it in the game your playing in Windowed mode?

0 Likes

refresh rate remains unchanged

monitor make and model is irrelivant since monitor hardware limits are not used when an application is in window mode.

games that are in window mode typically will automatically pull resolutions from your list of desktop resolutions. games have also made it harder to find a *.cfg file in order to add custom resolutions with a text editor. therefor, it is quite the nuisance to add custom resolutions to the game files themselves.

0 Likes