cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Yusuf583
Journeyman III

can I increase my dedicated vram if I increased my ram?

Hello, I have AMD Radeon HD 8670M with 1 GB dedicated VRAM and I have 4 GB DDR3 memory. If I increased my RAM into 12 GB, can i increse my dedicated VRAM into 2 GB

0 Likes
2 Solutions
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

VRAM is something that physically exists on your GPU, so you can't increase your VRAM without changing your GPU.

View solution in original post

The only vRAM you might be able to increase is your APU processor's integrated Graphics. But only if there is a BIOS setting to for that.

If there are no BIOS settings to increase or decrease your Integrated Graphics vRAM than whatever you have is permanent.

But as mentioned vRAM on Discrete GPUs is built in.

Plus if you only have 4 GB of System Ram it is a good idea to increase it to at least 8GB. Your laptop will run better and slightly faster.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

VRAM is something that physically exists on your GPU, so you can't increase your VRAM without changing your GPU.

The only vRAM you might be able to increase is your APU processor's integrated Graphics. But only if there is a BIOS setting to for that.

If there are no BIOS settings to increase or decrease your Integrated Graphics vRAM than whatever you have is permanent.

But as mentioned vRAM on Discrete GPUs is built in.

Plus if you only have 4 GB of System Ram it is a good idea to increase it to at least 8GB. Your laptop will run better and slightly faster.