Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nick_barlow
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G - USB to VGA adaptor - no ouput

Hi all,
I have recently changed processors to a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G , I have enabled the HDMI and DP ports and have 2 monitors in use via onboard ROG STRIX B450-F ports but there is no output to the monitor (Dell e2314h). The strange thing is, when I unplug the cable the monitor knowns and gives the "no cable connected" type error, which means it can actually see the PC .. ? Or is it this just the physical being detected ?

I am also using a VGA to USB converter (the works successfully on a different PC)
I am wondering if its even possible to achieve this with this hardware?
Also, the difference between PCs is that the non working PC is on Windows 11, and working is Windows 10

MB: ROG STRIX B450-F
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Monitor: Dell e2314h
All AMD/ROG drivers up to date , as far of manufacturers site shows

0 Likes
1 Solution

according to asus mb description your usb-c connector doesn't seem to be a display connector, there are only 2 display connectors hdmi and dp, your usb-c is data only

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The only USB that support transmitting video and audio is USB-C or Thunderbolt ports. Is that what you have your monitor connected to:

Screenshot 2023-02-04 100548.pngScreenshot 2023-02-05 093756.png

Why don't you connect the Monitors to your Motherboard's Video output ports instead of USB-C port. That would be the best option since the Video Output ports are made to output video/audio signals from your processor's APU IGPU.

At first I though you had a laptop with a Thunderbolt or USB-C port since that is where many Users tend to connect an external monitor but then I remember you have a Desktop APU Processor and it didn't make sense to connect your Monitors to a USB-C or Thunderbolt port on the Motherboard since you have video outputs on the Motherboard itself.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I am current using both of the video output on the motherboard. I am wanting to gain a 3rd using the USB adaptor.

I have tried usb-c as well as other usb outputs, with the same same result of no video out.

Thanks

0 Likes

according to asus mb description your usb-c connector doesn't seem to be a display connector, there are only 2 display connectors hdmi and dp, your usb-c is data only

With you motherboard's DP Port you can connect 2 Monitors at the same time using a MST Module

or try using a HDMI splitter.

The DP MST is the best option of the two.