cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Ferdus
Adept I

AMD ASUS ROG 6750XT BLACK SCREEN / DRIVER CORRUPT

I bought a video card a month ago, but the card looks bad.
In game it's fine, temperatures do not exceed 75 degrees, but sometimes when I'm on the desktop with google or other applications the main screen goes black, (the second monitor doesn't), the audio keeps playing, but I can't move the mouse, and I'm forced to restart the computer, sometimes when restarting the drivers are no longer installed (corrupted).
I've already tried reinstalling clean drivers, formatted windows, tried all possible things online but nothing.
The power supply is 850W seasonic focus gx gold, Ryzen 5 5600x, msi tomahawk b550.

The last thing I'm going to do is the rma. 

I'm bored honestly, I gave too many possibilities to amd, the video card I had 8 years ago, the r9 290 had the same EXACT problem with the black screen, only the rx 480 worked well for me.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ferdus
Adept I

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes

hey, is there some log on Windows log event when occurs?

Yes, in the view events of windows, i see Kernel Power 41, but i don't know if there is a dump stored somewhere.

0 Likes

run the sfc /scannow on cmd, it will fix corrupt files on windows, run the memory diagnostic tool to check rams. Put where the detail from error that you can get on Windows event

No error with both, scan and memory tool, the log of the last critic error kernel power 41 is:

a.pngB.png

0 Likes

Go to device manager and see if there is some driver with problems. Download driver easy to update the drivers like sound card etc.

Disable fast startup.

0 Likes

No problems with drivers in device manager, i disabled fast startup and updated audio and realtek lan driver with easy driver.

Let's see if i still have problems; i changed the psu cable of the gpu too, i split and used 2 separate cable for powering the gpu.

0 Likes