Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

npstewart87
Journeyman III

AMD 6950XT Black Screen Crash Under Normal Use + Fail Stress Test

Hello Everyone. 

I recently upgraded by Video Card to a 6950XT. This card performs fine when using typical bench mark software such as Furmark, etc. However, randomly my PC will crash while just doing typical windows tasks such as moving folders. Essentially I will just get a black screen and then eventually the computer restarts back into windows. When I upgraded the card, I reinstalled windows. 

According to my event viewer, I found the below errors either before the crash, or right after the crash from yesterday:

• The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.
  • A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor APIC ID: 19

FYI: I have a corsair 1000W Power Supply.

After having no luck, today I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall everything graphics card related, and then I downloaded the latest Adrenaline Software. I then did a stress test using the Stress Test option in the Adrenaline Software and it almost IMMEDIATELY crashes after about 3-5 seconds of me hitting the button.

Some Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core
  • 1000W Corsair PSU
  • Windows 11
  • 64GB Corsair Ram
  • Current Driver = 31.0.12019.5007
  • Default settings for BIOS, Graphics card settings. Everything is default

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. The Card was purchased on Amazon (New) about 2 weeks ago. Part of me wants to just return the card and put in a comparable NVidia card but not sure how to go about doing this. This is my work computer and I cannot take too much time trying to fix it and also cant have random crashes... Id happy pay money to someone to fix this or just replace the card. 

0 Likes
0 Replies