cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Casz6
Journeyman III

7900xt underperforming in WZ2?

So, I will preface by saying I am new to the PC building world so treat me as a beginner but don't be too harsh. I bought a prebuilt a year ago with the plan in just upgrading components here and there.

Current setup:

Asus Prime B550 AC-HES- motherboard

Ryzen 9 5950x-CPU

XFX 7900XT-GPU (just installed)

EVGA 1000GT-PSU

Tforce VulcanZ DDR4 16GB 3200MHz-RAM

ACER Predator XB273 1920x1080 240Hz-Monitor

I just upgraded my GPU from a 3060 to the 7900xt yesterday. I generally only play WZ so was hoping for a decent FPS increase.

I used the DDU to remove all NVidia drivers and then installed the AMD drivers.

My problem is, I literally have 0 increase. I know it's a swear word here, but User benchmark shows the GPU at 139% where the average bench for the 7900xt shows 220%.

Clock speed for the GPU while running warzone is right around 2850MHz at 100% utilization.
I have tried multiple different graphics settings within the game and I can't get any increase. The most I am able to get in the MW2 benchmark is an average 125FPS on Balanced quality presets with CPU at 186FPS, 2% bottleneck and GPU 134FPS, 98% bottleneck.

**Edit- today with some messing around reinstalling AMD drivers and tweaking some settings, I was able to MW2 Benchmark up to 178FPS. CPU avg 213FPS/5% bottleneck and GPU avg 184FPS/95% bottleneck. However, in WZ2, both Al Mazrah and Ashika, I am still only hovering in the 130FPS range with dips under 100 still. Also only about 130FPS in MW2 MP.

Running Unigine Heaven Benchmark, I average 335FPS.

Is it the game? Am I possibly limited by my MoBo? My RAM? Or is it a settings issue in AMD adrenaline? I only switched to an AMD GPU as everything I saw said it works better with the engine that WZ uses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any other info is needed, I may need help finding it but will get it

0 Likes
0 Replies