cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rossi94
Adept I

6900XT Green-Screen crashes

I'm running a XFX x EKWB Radeon RX 6900XT Speedster Merc Zero WB, with a 5800X on a 750W BeQuiet Straight Power 11 power supply.

After a adrenalin driver update a few months ago my PC just started to crash with green screens at random times.

Things I've done trying to fix it:

- run no pbo / jedec specs

- check all temps (it's in a waterloop with a Mo-Ra 360, so it's never warmer than 50°C)

- run fast timings (someone recommended that)

- upgrade to a newer stable agesa (1.2.0.5)

- disable low c states in uefi

- limit minimum gpu clock to 5% (I felt like the crashes occur on low power states). 

- reinstall gpu driver with ddu

Nothing helped. What can I do? 

11 Replies

Hello, did you checked your cable (HDMI/DP)?

When the crash occurs, did you checked the event logs from windows?

rossi94_0-1662468313766.png

Yes, it doesn't give much information. How would a DP cable freezy my whole system? If my cursor is on my second screen I can't move it anymore after a few seconds.

0 Likes

well, with that new information about you having a second monitor i think thats despite the cable. Can you share the same log above but on Friendly view and not XML view ?

0 Likes

another question is, do you have the same error only with 1 monitor?

0 Likes

Yes, it's happeneing only on my main screen (240Hz 2560x1440). (The green output.) It still freezes the whole system.

0 Likes
rossi94
Adept I

rossi94_0-1662550121908.png

0 Likes
rossi94
Adept I

I checked the logs again. And it always shoes ThreadId 8. I think it's the cpu. I opened an RMA request.

0 Likes

Hey did you solve your problem? I believe i am having a similar issue. I am testing something at the moment. I don't think it the cpu but need more info and test since i think my stuff stay open in the back.

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

Go back to 22.5.1 there nothing wrong with your GPU there more people reporting black screens or grey screens etc, the video decoder is broken with hardware acceleration.

I personally can trigger it under 2 minutes with specific conditions that do not trigger at all on 22.5.1

0 Likes

I needed to go back further. But it is definitely the driver. Now I don't have green screens anymore ...

How can it be that all the drivers in the last 6 months just provoke crashes.

0 Likes
rossi94
Adept I

I fixed it by diabling Multi-Plane Overlay (MPO) in the registry.

0 Likes