Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JF_Gönnemir
Adept I

6900 XT Stuttering, Lagging and Bad Performance

Hello,

I Have bought a 6900xt Red Devil and i got major issues with it. My GPU Clock Speed, Vram Clock Speed, Power Consumption and Junction Temperature are dropping at the same moment causing stuttering. In Games like Fortnite or Warzone it keeps stuttering really bad and in Escape from Tarkov there is only a GPU usage of 70%.

I already tried:

-Changed my Mainboard

-Changed my CPU

-Changed my Ram

-Changed my Power Supply

-Changed Cables

-Changed my Monitor

-Bought a New 6900XT from MSI

- Uninstalled all Drivers with DDU

- Set everything off in Adrenalin Software

- Set V Sync on and off

-Installed new Windows 10

-Updated Bios

-Tested all my PC Components

-Running games without Adrenaline Software

-Changed in bios to pcie 3

-Changed my Ram Speed

-Changed logs in regedit

Tried like everything and nothing helped. As soon as i put any options on in Adrenaline it gets even worse. Cant find a Solution and i think theres maybe a Problem with the Drivers. Maybe theres someone here who can help me.

0 Likes
16 Replies
JF_Gönnemir
Adept I

Also i forgot my specs.

6900XT Red Devil

1200Watt Asus PSU 

Aorus x570 xtreme

RAM Gskill Trident Z 4266mhz @ 3600mhz

Ryzen Cpu 3950x 16 Core

Asus Rog Ryiujin 360 CPU cooler

3x samsung M2 SSD 

Monitor: LG 38gl950g-b. 3840x1600. 21:9 DP 1.4

0 Likes

My card is just a reference model but I noticed some of the same behavior while playing Destiny 2, but I did manage to sort everything out eventually. The trick for me was to stress the card more and run a 150-200% resolution scale and then set the in game frame limiter to 170 (my monitor is 3440x1440 144hz). This combined with a healthy manual overclock (2800 mhz on core) and everything stabilized quite nicely. From what I can tell there are certain titles that don't play well with higher power AMD cards/processors due to lazy optimization on the developer side.

0 Likes

Its not working for me. I tried it. 

0 Likes

Use the AMD Bug Reporting Tool if you are ok with data trawl of your machine and report the poor performance to AMD.
Looks like there are a number of people with similar issues. 

0 Likes

Yup i did already. Hope they gonna fix it soon.

Thanks. 
Good luck getting it fixed.

Running all games with exclusive fullscreen option?

0 Likes

Makes no difference between fullscreen and borderless.

0 Likes
GaGy
Journeyman III

I'm solving the same problem in Warzone. I found it helping to turn off FREESYNC

0 Likes
GaGy
Journeyman III

i have same problém. You can try turn off FREESYNC

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Do you have any kid of overlays running?  I recently started playing an old game that had horrible stuttering, and it turned out to be the Steam overlay causing the problem.

0 Likes

Nope. No overlays at all.

JF_Gönnemir
Adept I

https://ibb.co/mJBP7fW 

Thats what it looks like when i run a Benchmark.

0 Likes

Did you fix it? I've the exact same bench issue.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Try setting the Minimum GPU Frequency 100Mhz below whatever your Maximum GPU Frequency is set as in the Performance > Tuning Menu.
0 Likes
Encrypted46
Journeyman III

I was having issue with a stutter in Vanguard and other games I tried everything above same issue , But I found out what was causing mine i had a usb 3.0 card in a slot above the videocard  I removed it and the stutter stopped. so maybe its some resource conflict or something . 

0 Likes