cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Someuser
Adept I

6000 series card with blank screen on cold boot

I've seen other similar posts but no answers so I am going to throw out the question again:

On a cold boot, when its time for windows to load (after bios post) the screen will go black. I have found unplugging the HDMI cable and re-connecting fixed it at least the one time I tried so far. Then today on a cold boot, same process (screen displays mobo logo and goes through the bios post) then on windows 10 starting the colors were all inverted and washed out... when I re-started the issue went away.

Also, each time this happens my AMD radeon settings are reset.

I use DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers, current drivers are the most recent, and have never had this issue unit about a month or so after purchasing and installing the GPU.

Is there a hardware failure? is this a software issue? It seem like it may be the display port.... BUT the issue only recently started, with the last 30 days before that running fine... in fact my entire computer benchmarks in the top 10%, there are no other performance issues, its just the cold boot thats an issue... never crashes in-game, no stutters, just cold boot = blank screen (or now inverted washout colors) until re-start.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Someuser
Adept I

So, I believe I solved my own issue. If anyone is having a similar issue go to device manager and look under Display Adapters. There was a "wireless monitor" driver installed (likely when windows like to update my graphic drivers without asking) and after I deleted it from device manager I have so far had no further issues.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Someuser
Adept I

So, I believe I solved my own issue. If anyone is having a similar issue go to device manager and look under Display Adapters. There was a "wireless monitor" driver installed (likely when windows like to update my graphic drivers without asking) and after I deleted it from device manager I have so far had no further issues.