cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Fsociety00
Adept I

Will World of Warcraft DX12 drivers crashing be acknowledged?

Hi,

Please give this topic a like and leave a comment if you're experiencing the same issue!

It wasn't my plan to open a new topic but when I've seen that in the new 24.4.1 release notes World of Warcraft wasn't even mentioned in the KNOWN ISSUES list. I lost it.

Battle.net and AMD forums are flooded with people that has one thing in common: DX12 drivers timeout

(First reports are dated for December 2023)

Here is how it goes:

1. Screen goes black

2. "Drivers crashed" window pops up

3. You report the issue

4. Play for a few minutes or hours

5. Cycle repeats

Funny enough DX11 works just fine but it's a workaround, not the solution.

I didn't pay that much money for the GPU to run the game on an outdated API with half of the performance.

Crashes can't be replicated at least no one managed to really replicate them.

7000 series and 6000 series are affected by this.

AM4 or AM5 - doesn't matter!

I'm calling out forum moderators to please kindly tell us anything.

This was my first AMD GPU and I'm disapointed!

7800XT user,

Cya

1 Reply
Sadeeva
Journeyman III

Hi there,. I have had 3 AW's in the 20 years of wow. This one I went with the AMD instead of my usual Nvidea. I regret it so much now. I will be going back to Nvidea on my next Laptop. I cant play wow at all. I'm lucky if i get 5 to 10 mins but most of the time its a minute and the whole computer crashes and shuts off. The FPS will be at 21 to 29 to FPS not my usual 97 FPS.

Iv tried everything forums have suggested but nothing helps. What frustrates me the most is I come here from Blizz tech posts and I seen nothing! Where are all the people asking for help, where are the tech support? . https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/amd-radeon-7000-series-constant-crashing/1720639  this is the post from WoW. 9k views but its also starting from No/23. I would love to know are Blizz and AMD communicating on this or just throwing it at each other and hot working together to fix it. I did recovery on my laptop and it still will not play wow. I can do anything else I want but not have WoW stay running. I'm very disappointed!

0 Likes