cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Why does recording FPS not show up as 60FPS?

Screenshot 2023-11-06 232528.png

Why would the Adrenalin software that is supposed to capture my screen in either 30 or 60 FPS be recording it at a different FPS rate than that?  I get massive stuttering in my recordings and my editing software doesn't work well with the clip when it isn't in 60FPS. 

Can anyone help?

1 Reply
DipakJ27
Adept III

There are several potential reasons why your Adrenalin software might not be capturing your screen at 60 FPS, even though you have it set to do so.

Here are a few things to check:

Make sure your system can handle recording at 60 FPS.

1. This means that you need a powerful enough CPU and GPU, as well as enough RAM.
  2. If your system is struggling to keep up, it may be dropping frames, which will result in a lower FPS recording.

Check your Adrenalin software settings.

1. Make sure that the recording FPS is set to 60 FPS and that the bitrate is high enough for smooth playback.
  2. You may also want to try using a different recording profile or encoder.

Update your graphics drivers.

1. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause problems with recording software.
  2. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your AMD graphics card.

Disable any unnecessary background applications.

1. Background applications can use up valuable CPU and GPU resources, which can affect your recording performance.
  2. Try closing any applications that you're not using before you start recording.

Use a hardware encoder.

1. Hardware encoders are designed to handle the demanding task of video encoding, which can free up your CPU and GPU for other tasks.
  2. If your AMD graphics card supports hardware encoding, try using it for recording.
    Reduce the resolution of your recording.

If you're still having problems, you can try reducing the resolution of your recording. This will make the file size smaller and easier to handle, which may improve your recording performance.

If you've tried all of these things and you're still having problems, you may want to contact AMD support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting recording problems:

• Record to a different location.
  • Sometimes, the drive that you're recording to can be the bottleneck.
  • Try recording to a different drive to see if that helps.
  • Use a different recording format.
  • There are different recording formats available, such as MP4, AVI, and MOV.
  • Try using a different format to see if that helps.
  • Adjust your in-game settings.
  • Some games have settings that can affect recording performance.
  • Try lowering the graphics settings in your game to see if that helps.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes