cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

wd4455
Journeyman III

When using a dual graphics card (A+N), the "Graphic preference" in Win10 cannot see the AMD graphi

I have tried many methods, including modifying the registry. I am always unable to see my two graphics cards in the "Graphic preference", which is very troublesome for me. How can I make my AMD graphics card display in "power saving" and NVIDIA graphics card display in "high performance"? Or is the NVIDIA graphics card displayed in "power saving" and the AMD graphics card displayed in "high performance"?

I found a key value (HighPerfAdapter) that can be forcibly displayed in the "high performance" modification registry. Add 'HighPerfAdapter=Hardware ID' under 'HKEY_CURRENT USER Software Microsoft DirectX UserGpuPreferences DirectXUserGlobalSettings'. But I can never experiment with the registry key corresponding to 'power saving'.I have tried "PowerSaving", "LowPerfAdapter", "PerfAdapter", "SpecificAdapter", "PowerSavingGpu", "LowPower", and so on

2 Replies
DipakJ27
Adept III

This can be a frustrating problem, but there are a few things you can try to fix it.

Method 1: Update your graphics drivers

The first thing you should try is to update your graphics drivers. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause a variety of problems, including preventing your graphics cards from being properly recognized by Windows. You can download the latest drivers for your graphics cards from the manufacturers' websites:

NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support
Method 2: Disable and re-enable the AMD graphics card

If updating your graphics drivers doesn't help, you can try disabling and then re-enabling the AMD graphics card in Device Manager. This can sometimes force Windows to re-detect the card and add it to the "Graphic preference" settings. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. You can do this by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Device Manager."
  3. Expand the "Display adapters" section.
  4. Right-click on the AMD graphics card and select "Disable device."
  5. A warning window will pop up.
  6. Click "Yes" to disable the device.
  7. After a few seconds, right-click on the AMD graphics card again and select "Enable device."

Method 3: Use the NVIDIA Control Panel

If the above methods don't work, you can try using the NVIDIA Control Panel to force the NVIDIA graphics card to be used for high-performance applications. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  2. You can do this by right-clicking on the NVIDIA icon in the notification area and selecting "NVIDIA Control Panel."
  3. Click on "Manage 3D settings" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Select the "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "Preferred processor" drop-down menu.
  5. Click "Apply" to save your changes

Method 4: Modify the registry

If all else fails, you can try modifying the registry to forcibly add the AMD graphics card to the "Graphic preference" settings. However, this is a more advanced method and should only be attempted if you are comfortable with editing the registry. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Registry Editor.
  2. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R, typing "regedit," and then pressing Enter.
    Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DirectX\UserGpuPreferences\DirectXUserGlobalSettings
  3. Create a new string value named "HighPerfAdapter" and set its value to the Hardware ID of the AMD graphics card.
  4. You can find the Hardware ID of a graphics card in Device Manager.
  5. Save your changes and restart your computer.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav

What I need to know is the key value for 'power saving'. If you know, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Is there a key value that can be set to 'power saving'?

0 Likes