cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

corbin1729
Journeyman III

Upgraded to a Vega 64, now mouse polling is an issue?

Here's my specs:

i7-8700k overclocked to 4.9Ghz

Windows 10

32Gb DDR4 Ram at 3000Mhz

Gaming 7 motherboard

18.9.3 radeon software

So I had a GTX 1060 and decided to upgrade to a Vega 64. I bought it used on ebay, it's a Powercolor version with a single fan. It's a little dusty but after install it appears to work. Games run at 4k on my freesync monitor, but now there's an issue with mouse polling. At 1000 the cpu is running 100% on 2 cores, and frame rates drop immensely. I had to lower the polling to 125 and there is still issue. I did not have this problem with the GTX 1060. I know it's not a bad CPU, it's literally one of the best on the market right now and it's overclocked. What the hell is going on? I tried making sure the nvidia drivers are removed. I've used software to help clean up those drivers.

I'm almost about to restore my windows 10 and try to do a fresh install, but that would mean reinstalling a lot of games and some are modded and would be difficult to bring back to where I have them set at.

I've tried looking up the issue and the only answer i've found was that it's mouse polling, but an i7 with a Vega 64 should be a great combo, I shouldn't be having a mouse polling issue disturbing my FPS.

Here's a video of the issue Vega 64 upgrade, and now mouse polling is an issue, wth? - YouTube

0 Likes
1 Reply
corbin1729
Journeyman III

Solved from a youtube comment:

"Gaming & Performance18 hours ago

When going from nvidia to AMD you need to use DDU in safe mode because there are critical files that windows use that are typically not uninstalled from the drivers (sometimes found in windows/system32 and other critical locations) 1. Uninstall AMD drivers 2. Reboot 3. Reboot into Safe Mode 4. Use DDU to remove Nvidia Drivers: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- Clean and Restart is the option you want 5. It will auto reboot to desktop 6. Reboot in safe mode again 7. Use DDU to remove AMD Drivers (it will auto reboot) 8. Reboot back to desktop and install AMD Drivers 9. Reboot the PC even though AMD driver install doesn't force a reboot. "

So basically I used DDU in safe mode and uninstalled all drivers, Nvidia and AMD, until it was clean. Then i installed the AMD 18.9.3 driver and I'm no longer having an issue.

I also did a ton of other work but this appears to have been the fix. Thank you.

0 Likes