Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

1cekream
Journeyman III

Star Citizen not loading on new PC

Hi all,

I recently bought a new PC and am having issues running Star Citizen. Here are the specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7000 series
AMD Ryzen 7000 Series: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
Cooling(High Power)2: Thermalright Burst Assassin X120 R ARGB Dual Fans
Motherboard (B650): ASUS TUF GAMING B650M PLUS WIFI
Memory: DDR5 6400Mhz CL32 16GBx4 (64GB)
SSD Storage: Premium Gen 4 2TB
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT
Power supply 650+: 850W 80Plus Gold
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro OEM

So, when I first launched the game, everything loaded and I was able to enter the persistent universe as well as Arena Commander, however, I was only getting around 5 - 10 fps only. My guess as to why this was occurring was because my PC was using the integrated GPU as opposed to using the AMD Radeon RX 7900XT.
Note, that the AMD software that comes with my GPU is AMD: Adrenalin and in this software, you are unable to select a preference for which GPU to use when running certain applications. So instead, I manually went to Graphics Settings in Windows and changed the preference of using the AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, as shown below:
graphicspreferences.jpg
After loading Star Citizen with these preference changes, the game is unable to load at all and the loading screen is black, as shown below:
starcitizennotloading.jpg
Ultimately, the loading screen will 'not respond' and eventually crash.

I tried loading another game called Dota 2, again using the AMD Radeon RX 7900XT as the preferred GPU, and the game doesn't even load at all. The game loads when using the integrated GPU but extremely low FPS and very jerky. 

Does anyone know why this is occurring? Is there a setting I need to adjust in AMD: Adrenalin? or perhaps it's a hardware issue?

Thank you for your time and consideration

0 Likes
1 Reply
1cekream
Journeyman III

After restarting my PC and still using the AMD Radeon RX 7900XT as the preferred GPU, Dota 2 does work and the FPS is pretty good. So is the issue more of a software thing on Star Citizen's end?

0 Likes