cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

GoldieDan
Adept I

Screen Tearing with FreeSync enabled

I've been having a really strange issue with my new RX 6600, even with a frame cap of 140-143 there's screen tearing in all games I try and play even though FreeSync is turned on. Strangely engough, with a frame cap of 60-120 there's no screen tearing, and with frame cap of 121-139 there's barely noticable screen tear all the way at the bottom of the screen. I realize that I could probably just play at 139 fps, but I paid for a 144hz monitor and a gpu that can handle 144 fps and I want my 144 fps, or at least some sort of closure as to why this strange problem seems to occur. I've previously had a GT 1030 and have never seen any sort of screen tearing at either capped 144 fps or uncapped fps, even though the gpu doesn't even support Gsync or FreeSync. Could this be because of PCIE 3.0 x8 limitation? Any help would be really appreciated because I've been trying to solve this issue for like 2 days.

Pc specs:

I5-10400F

Afox RX 6600 (Running at PCIE 3.0)

Gigabyte H510M H

16 GB of 3200 MHZ (Running at 2666 MHZ)

LG 24gn600-b

Displayport cable that came with my monitor

0 Likes
1 Solution
GoldieDan
Adept I

Turns out it's just a **bleep**ty monitor problem all along.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

oops, deleted.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
GoldieDan
Adept I

Edit: So I was just plugging and unplugging the HDMI cable and DisplayPort cable I had and when I had the HDMI cable plugged in it just started to work fine. No screen tearing at capped 144 fps with FreeSync turned on, and I was even able to go above 144 fps with no screen tearing like on my old gpu, but then I reached to remove the DP cable and accidentaly touched the HDMI and it unplugged, after re plugging it back in it went back to screen tearing. Hopefully this info will be helpful.

0 Likes
GoldieDan
Adept I

Turns out it's just a **bleep**ty monitor problem all along.

0 Likes