cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KoffyGG
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ 7900 XTX RGB LED Strip won't turn on.

Hello!

Is there any way to manually turn on/off the GPU's RGB let strips?

Mystic light won't show my GPU on it. My Nitro+ 7900 xtx works beautifully in games and everything else. But I can't get the RGB strips to light up. Even on Nitro Glow on Trixx 9.0. No option turns the strip on. Even using external option doesn't work. It was working fine until I was trying out Mystic light, Dragon Center and Signal RGB. I had to update the LED Firmware and it started working with every softwar until on one occasion it turned off and hasn't turned back on yet after many uninstalls of every single RGB related software. Any ideas?

I'm on a MSI B650 tomahawk wifi board

23 Replies
Jeffyxd20
Journeyman III

Did you ever get this resolved? Went through support with sapphire and they suggested replacing through warranty. Its just hard to believe that its truly a hardware issue.

0 Likes

Indeed, i don’t understand, the argb cable is provided by Saphirre in the Gpu Box. It should work correctly normaly and at worst introduce a software issue but not an hardware issue…

0 Likes

Not yet. I'm on a Sapphiretech support ticket and they forwarded me to althonmicro because they wanted me to contact them to check out the issue. 

I recorded this short video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrws4R5w-qo and sent it to sapphire tech support and after that they told me althon wanted me to contact them. 

Unfortunately I sent them an e-mail friday afternoon so I'm afraid I might not get any news until tomorrow or further into the week.

0 Likes

Hi,

Any news from support please?

Kr

Qaleme
Adept I

Hi,

Same issue, it has worked fine (rgb…) until i used the sapphire argb cable included in the gpu box to manage the led light. The led is off and no solution to set it on again even with Sapphire Trixx v9 software and even after Windows Reinstallation, Bios Switch, Power off for hours…

0 Likes

have you solved it somehow?

0 Likes
dexterino
Journeyman III

Hi, i got the same issue. I've send you a message on discord.

0 Likes
Huvi
Journeyman III

Hi!
Can you tell me how the case ended ? I have the same problem. I connected a 3 pin, 5v RGB cable and the light went out.

I have.: NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT SE VGA

0 Likes
Alexwall16
Journeyman III

Hey. 

Its an odd one. If i overclock the cpu via adrenaline. Then go back to default settings it tries to boot up but fails. So i do a hard reset and boom turns the rgb strip on. Then it runs for abit and then something in the amd software turns it back off again. Runs fine using aura sync, L connect 3 and Trixx. Definitely something on amds end

0 Likes
Alexwall16
Journeyman III

Definitely software related. It was running fine for me. I started with trixx set it to external source. Then downloaded armoury crate and got it all to sync with everything. Then download L connect 3 and boom rgb turns off. Every time i boot my pc it turns on with mb sync but then L connect kicks in with log in and boom off again.

0 Likes
sailesh1992
Journeyman III

Hi,

I would suggest to remove that motherboard lighting software completely (not sure if mystic light has an uninstaller like amoury crate ). I did also remove ICUE lighting software with revouinstaller free ver. Then i installed signal rgb and manage to get to sync and light up. Only finnicky part about signal rgb ,it does not detect the Nitro 7900xtx  but instead we need to add in custom strip (30 LEDS value or so ) and remember to tick external sources in Trixx software too.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

I would try and revert the firmware for the LED strip, also check what your mobo led lighting is set at. I have the Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE and when i used the argb cable to the motherboard all lights went out, this was due to RGB Fusion mobo sync option which had the led's set to off. Removed the cable and used Trixx and no issue.

0 Likes

Can you tell me how to update the LED firmware? I'd like to try it too

Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you tried OpenRGB.

0 Likes
UnkindWizard
Journeyman III

Did someone managed to fix this? I am having the same problem with the Sapphire Nitro+ 7800XT. I can't seem to find a way to make the LEDs light up. 

0 Likes

Sapphire told me this...I'll try but I'm not very confident.
Dear Sir:
Please help us perform the following steps once you want to update the new Catalyst driver:

0. Format and reinstall a pure operating system.

1. Use Windows Update to get all the latest hotfixes, including 22H2 or later.

2. Download and install the latest Catalyst V23.12.1 driver, then turn off your PC.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-12-1

3. Download and install TriXX V9.5.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/software

4. Turn off your PC and then start Windows.

5. Check again.

0 Likes
Ferdi2023
Adept I

hey man saw your video on YT because im encountering the exact same issue rightnow. got an msi x670e and the moment i connected to my mobo with an argb cable the lights when dimm and after restart i never got them light up again. 

so im assuming you already rma´d the gpu? 

Ferdi2023
Adept I

I returned mine and got a new one now, i would really like to know if its safe to plug the argb cable again. Did u try it again? Does it work now?

0 Likes
Nyfoo
Journeyman III

Any news from support please?

0 Likes

Apparently there is no way to fix this until now, the last message i got from the Sapphire Support germany was where they told me that they redirect my issue to the Team in Hong Kong.

i got mine rma‘d and tried pluging the argb cable again, but this time i did a full power cycle on my pc and made sure theres no left power. It worked like a charm the argb does work.

0 Likes

Please help me clear "  i did a full power cycle on my pc and made sure theres no left power. It worked like a charm the argb does work." ???

0 Likes
_zer0_
Journeyman III

Same issue with me.
Is there anything new, everyone?  I just upgraded to trixx .9.7 but everything is still the same

0 Likes

Nope, no news, I'm following lots of threads about it but no one seems to have solved it.

I tried to uninstall and reset everything multiple times without any luck. 

0 Likes