cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BPenton1992
Journeyman III

RX6800 TUF and display issues, not sure if GPU or monitor related.

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me with my issue as its ongoing and stressing me out big time, I built a PC back in September/October time, did the build on PCPartPicker to ensure all was compatible and double checked my PSU was compatible with the GPU and all is fine on that front. I get the system built, powered up, etc. All seems fine, running a dual monitor set up and monitor #1 starts acting up, flashing green and pink, going on and off, but monitor #2 seems fine. I start the process of elimination to find out what could actually be the problem here and do the following.

1. Unplug the entire system, cables all out, leave it for a day and come back in the evening to plug everything in and see what the deal is, problem persists, albeit an hour or two after the system is running again.
  2. I run the monitors singularly, problem persists.
  3. I try and run the monitors independently using both HDMI & DP to see if the DP was the issue, it was not and the problem persisted with both monitors on both HDMI and DP using all three DP inputs on the GPU.
  4. Drivers/Software/Firmware all up to date, other software on system is also up to date, no luck here.

PC specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950X
MotherboardGigabyte Aorus Pro AX
AIO: NZXT X73
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 64GB (2X32GB)
GPU: Asus RX 6800 TUF
M2 #1: Samsung 980 Pro M2 512GB (OS & General Software)
M2 #2: Samsung 980 Pro M2 1TB (Games & Specific Software)
HDD #1: Seagate 3TB HDD (General Storage)
HDD #2: Seagate 3TB HDD (General Storage)
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

0 Likes
0 Replies