cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Absentspark
Journeyman III

Rx6650 xt crashes when I enable fast timing for vram

Hello I have a 6650 xt and I turned on fast timing without thinking because what could be bad about faster speeds but the second I hit apply my PC crashed and has had a black screen and no button I hit does anything including the power and reset buttons and the graphics card is powered off.Since my gpu has completely shut off and I do not have integrated graphics I have no way of seeing if when I press buttons stuff responds or if it is running but with nothing going on

0 Likes
3 Replies
432hz
Adept II

1. When you boot your pc, does the Boot/BIOS screen show or are you only getting a black screen 100% of the time?
  2. Have you tried a CMOS reset on your mobo?
  3. Are you using an HDMI cable? If so, try using a DisplayPort cable. It could be that Windows has entered Safe Mode, which is often incompatible with HDMI and would result in a black screen.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

I can not even boot the pc because the power and reset button on my case do nothing so it's just a black screen.  Everything is on except the graphics card and I am using HDMI because my monitor does not have a display port

0 Likes

I'd try the following. If one doesn't work, try the next one:

1. Try a CMOS reset on your mobo. Unplug the pc from power and remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 mins or so.
  2. Try removing and re-seating the GPU.
  3. Try removing and re-seating the RAM.
  4. Try removing the boot drive and booting. If you get video output, then it's likely a Safe Mode / HDMI issue. You can also try the other video ports.
  5. Try the other ports on your GPU. Sometimes video will only output to a specific port.
  6. If your mobo has video outputs, try those. Sometimes video will only output to a specific port.
  7. Try a DVI => HDMI adapter. I'm not sure if an adapter would be enough to overcome the Safe Mode HDMI incompatibility, but it's worth a try.

In a worst case scenario, I suppose the "Fast Timings" setting could have damaged the GPU. In this case I would RMA the card. If RMA is not possible, you can look into flashing the GPU BIOS, but I'd only do this as a last resort.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes