cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Neitro
Journeyman III

RX 6750XT Traversal and micro stutterings - 23.12.1 Driver

Hello, my rig have an MSI RX 6750 XT Mech 2X V1, an i5 10400, an h410m h v3 motherboard, 32GB of RAM, and a 1TB NVMe drive. Since installing the new GPU, I've noticed elevated temperatures in it, particularly in the hotspot. I addressed this by performing an undervolt using Afterburner, which has resolved the temperature issue. However, when playing more demanding games, I'm experiencing traversal stuttering (especially when moving to new locations on the map or loading new areas) and occasional micro-stuttering.

To tackle this problem, I've:

1. Used DDU in safe mode without an internet connection.
  2. Performed a minimal driver installation (version 23.12.1).
  3. Disabled Windows sync options (monitor and AMD Freesync were tested and are fine).
  4. Turned off ULPS in Afterburner.
  5. Disabled MPO on Windows (which resolved visual glitches in Windows).

The games I've tested so far were Resident Evil 4 Remake, It Takes Two, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Uncharted 4. Also, I my cooler needs to be changed. CPU temperatures are spiking to 80-90°C, even after changing the thermal paste. I suspect this is causing some throttling, so I'm getting a new cooler ASAP.

Do you guys have any additional advice or steps I could take to address these issues? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies