cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cczar10
Journeyman III

RX 6750XT Stuttering

Got an AMD RX 6750XT about a month ago, and I can't seem to launch games without getting poor frames or stuttering without having to restart my PC. This resolves it like 6/10 times. Sometimes my screen will go black and I have to sit there for a couple minutes before it comes back. I've tried out both drivers available for it, doing clean wipes with the AMD utility cleanup in between, neither driver really seems to make a difference. I'm thinking it could be due to a low psu (mine is only 650W), but my brother got has the same gpu and an almost identical pc build and hasn't had any of these issues. Any thoughts are appreciated.

PSU = 650W

CPU = AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8 core)

Motherboard = TUF Gaming B550M-Plus

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

There can be a few reasons for this issue with your graphics card. Some potential solutions you can try include:

1. Upgrading your power supply unit (PSU) to a higher wattage unit to ensure it has enough power to run your graphics card and other components.

2. Checking your graphics card's power cables to ensure they are properly seated and providing enough power to the GPU.

3. Updating your motherboard's BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest versions.

4. Checking your system temperature to make sure it's not overheating, especially while running intensive games or applications. If necessary, you can try adding more cooling or cleaning the existing fans.

5. Verifying that your graphics card is properly seated and that its power connections are tight and secure.

6. Lowering the graphics settings in your games and applications to reduce the load on your graphics card.

7. Installing the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturer's website.

If you've tried all of these solutions and still can't resolve the issue, it's possible that the graphics card is defective and needs to be replaced.

0 Likes

Working on borrowing a new power supply with higher wattage to see if that’s the issue. If that doesn’t work I might try and flash my BIOS. I’ve checked everything else to you mentioned, and I’m still having some issues. It’ll run fine for a couple days then give out on me. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes