cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xt1032
Adept I

RX 6700 XT stutter/crash/restart

I have no idea why this is happening. Every time I turn on cs2 there is a stutter and after a while the screen goes black and the computer resets. Restarts also occur in other games (Dota2, Witcher3).

I am playing on a configuration:

5700X (stock or PBO no matter) on MSI Tomahawk B550 

Asrock RX 6700 XT Challenger Pro 12GB OC (latest drivers from AMD website but I also tried PRO version but no improvement) stock/UV/OC no matter always same thing. Runs super cool  (<85°C in stress)

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (3600mhz but on stock clocks)

Seasonic Gold GX-750W

Its new build and all drivers are up to date, bios updated.

I know its nothing special but for a game like cs2 should be overkill

Check out what playing cs2 (fps max 60) is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=893xDZBEPtI

I had a similar experience playing on 12-year-old HD6850... It's just insane and wrong. 
I've always been in the red team but srsly...

6 Replies
NewUser_
Adept I

Oke, after 1 year experiencing same problem check my thread Re: RX6700XT, Black Screen on Main Display, Green ... - AMD Community

finally i got my fix, try this:

How to Use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.7.3 (youtube.com)

and instead using recommended setting, use the max voltage setting on the calculator.

0 Likes

Honestly, it's rather wrong that I have to mess with memory voltages/clocks so I can use parts that should work out of the box....

0 Likes

nothing works out of the box for AMD man

0 Likes
Jose_Zé
Adept I

what were the hotspot temperatures of your 6700xt before such problems?
"Runs super cool (<85°C in stress)" is ok, but I have seen many people with problems at hotspots, above 105ºC, including me with a 6750xt, and this suggests to me premature wear on the internal components of the GPU

0 Likes

Hi there. 6700xt here.

Mine runs at 60 (hotspot) most of the time while playing Destiny 2. I have most things set at highest and render at 140% (in game). Those are my settings.

Kahlimdor_1-1708537790923.png

Also, the power tuning is turned on, set at 15%. Hopefully that helps! Oh, the version of Adrenalin I'm currently using is the 24.2.1 (BETA!).

Have a nice day! Regards - Kahlimdor -

0 Likes
xt1032
Adept I

That's the temperature of the hot spot

0 Likes