cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kyonne
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT no signal

Hi, recently bought an Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT but it doesn't display any image, not even the BIOS, the card's fans are spinning and i can hear the sound of windows starting up, can't confirm if the card is actually being recognized since i have no onboard graphics so i can't connect to the motherboard

So far i've tried using 4 different HDMI cables (all 2.0 i believe) on 3 different monitors, uninstalled the drivers from my previous nvidia card using DDU, updated BIOS, reseted CMOS, re-inserted the RAMs, but it all leads to the same result

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600KF CPU @ 4.10GHz

Motherboard: ASUS Prime H510M-E

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 2402

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000Mhz DDR4

PSU: Corsair CX600

0 Likes
11 Replies
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Might be a long shot but did you try cycling through display sources? Sometimes monitors don't automatically detect what's plugged in so maybe it's just trying to get signal through the wrong port?

0 Likes

Yeah, my main monitor only has one HDMI and one Analog display and it didn't detect either way, one of the other monitors i tried was a TV which has multiple HDMI ports but i did select the correct one to display and nothing

0 Likes

What about re-seating the GPU? Perhaps you should try taking it out and then putting it back in.

0 Likes

I've done it many times since i'm switching back to my older card (a GTX 1660 Ti) in order to use the pc

0 Likes

Is it possible for you to try the GPU in a different system? Honestly sounds like the GPU might be borked, seems like you really have tried everything or nearly everything. Might be time to contact the seller.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is windows update automatically putting up an Nvidia driver that conflicts with the 6700XT. Perhaps doing a full driver uninstall and then trying to boot with the new GPU while completely disonnected from the internet, if you haven't tried that already.

0 Likes

I'll be taking my GPU tomorrow to a store and test it there, will also take one of my HDMI cables to make sure if an 2.1 cable is really neccessary, that was one of the few solutions i've found that i couldn't test myself, if that shows no result then yeah i'll get in contact with the seller

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

What driver version are you using ?

0 Likes

None, i've been getting no signals out of the box so i didn't even get the opportunity to install the driver, i tried installing it blind just in case by putting the setup icon on the desktop and using the keyboard to open it, which i've managed to since i can hear the sound windows makes when trying to open a file that requires admin rights, but i have no idea how to navigate through the setup without being able to see

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

Have you tried one of the Display Ports?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Only through an HDMI to Display adapter since my monitors have no Display port

0 Likes
Kyonne
Journeyman III

Alright i left the GPU on the store for testing, they tested it on a pretty weak PC with a 2nd generation CPU and a 500w PSU, 2.0 HDMI cable, nothing above my PC, yet the card worked just fine with no issues whatsoever, now i really have no idea what to do aside from buying random **bleep** to see if it'll magically start working

What a pain

0 Likes