cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hinagiku
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT with a bunch of issues.

Hello! Some time ago I bought a 5700 XT, specifically one from Asrock, the Phantom Gaming OC model. From moment one I had problems, blue screens, reboots, my monitors lost signal despite the PC still being on and operational, forcing me to restart the PC, it would reboot out of the blue in the middle of game sessions (When I say it rebooted, In other words, what really happened was that the speed of the fans "lowered" and entered some kind of standby mode, in which the PC did not respond, all the leds, coolers, etc. continued to work, but I was forced to reboot AGAIN). At that time and due to this, I tried everything, I changed the PSU because the previous one was quite "short" for the graphics requirements, changed the case for better airflow, tried a thousand changes, reinstalled the operating system , clean drivers, installation with or without the Adrenaline software, adjustments in options, undervolt, custom ventilation curve, lowering general frequencies, limit the powerlimit a lot or a little, absolutely nothing helped, because I kept having constant failures with drivers and the card in general.

More recently (As I was able to verify, since now I don't play enough things to test it exhaustively) some of these problems stopped occurring, however there is one that persists (Although it occurs in a different way): Right now when I'm playing, even if it is something not very heavy (happens to me in League of Legends almost every day more than once at least) suddenly and without any kind of performance drop or warning, the whole PC freezes, I usually watch streams in the background while playing and such, when I'm in the middle of a game, the screen freezes INSTANTLY at a random moment without any warning, sometimes the background sound of what I'm listening to is perceived for a few seconds, many seconds or it also stops (varies each time) but the PC becomes unresponsive, the image freezes on the game screen and I am forced to reboot the PC as no mouse or keyboard input can bring it out of that state. Again I tried reinstalling the operating system, I changed the processor due to ''upgrade'' and noticed that it also continues to happen, tried again lowering frequencies, doing undervolt, limiting the powerlimit a lot and even not touching any parameter and leaving it stock (which is not highly recommended because in addition to all the problems it has, its disgusting how much it heats up).

At this point I am really tired of all the inconveniences that I had and that every day I know I am going to have, to the point of not even wanting to commit myself to doing something that requires stability, because I know that I will hardly have it with this GPU. If anyone had a similar experience and managed to fix it or has some kind of feedback on what I could try to do, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much.

EDIT: I forgot to include my system specs, in case you need them:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 (Previously a Ryzen 5 1600AF)

GPU: Asrock RX 5700 XT Phantom Gaming D 8G OC

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II

PSU: XPG Pylon 750W 80 Plus B

RAMs: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8 2400 Mhz

0 Likes
1 Reply
u7QO8
Adept II

not alone

0 Likes