cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jason_341
Adept I

RX 5700XT borderless full screen black screen issue

I'm still getting black screens when I put a video or game into borderless full screen. I've tried EVERYTHING. I'm currently on a fresh fully updated windows 10 install. I've tried every Recommended, Optional, and Beta version driver release (full uninstall/installs of each) since I bought the card in April of 2020. I follow ALL workarounds for Known Issues in driver release notes. I've tried all refresh rates my monitor supports and Adaptive Sync on and off. I've had this issue the entire time I've owned the card.

Monitor: VIOTEK GNV27DB @144hz

System:

MSI Gaming Plus X570 board

Ryzen 7 3700X

Gigabyte Gaming OC 8GB 5700XT (rev. 1) latest Gigabyte VBIOS

Need anything else to assist in troubleshooting, please let me know! And Please HELP!!!!

2 Replies
Jason_341
Adept I

It's worth noting that the computer does not crash or anything. The video or game keeps playing with sound while my screen is black, and if I power off and on again my monitor, or just plug and unplug the display connection, the display output is restored and I can continue running the game or video in full screen until the next time I load open a game or video. Video includes fullscreen web videos on Chromium like YouTube and Netflix Windows App.

0 Likes
Jason_341
Adept I

(Bump) IF anyone from AMD in the know wants to get a hold of me, could you send me a Logkit I'll capture the problem, send you the logs, and we can find the cause of the issue. Whether it's a configuration problem on my end, or a fix or hot patch you guys could make for me? 

0 Likes