Adept I

Radeon 7900xtx Prerendered background bug in Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Some users with this card are experiencing this bug:

https://imgur.com/a/VwZKBQf

As you can see in:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359870/discussions/0/3768986805996088348/

And here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359870/discussions/0/3776868552314526196/

There seem to be no solution as of today.

Looks to be related to background animations and/or transparencies..

I personally tried changing all settings both ingame and at driver level with no luck.

It worked fine on my previous 5700xt.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience, the issue is now resolved in Adrenalin 23.12.1 driver which you can download here

Please refer to the Fixed Issues section of the driver release notes

Fixed Issues

• Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

View solution in original post

48 Replies
Hirozzz
Adept I

Hi, 

Do you know of any fix yet? I am having the same problem with the Radeon 7900xtx too. It also worked fine with my 6700XT seems like this is a 7900xtx issue

kirs90
Adept I

No luck I'm afraid : (

0 Likes
NotMyGPU
Adept I

This is still an issue annoyingly. Just got an ASUS ROG ALLY and i'm experiencing this bug which I imagine is related due to it being the same GPU architecture.

I've heard of driver related issues for AMD GPU's but I honestly didn't think this would be the case with zero acknowledgement from AMD...

42circle
Journeyman III

I am on the ROG Ally as well. This stinks. I was really looking forward to reliving this game. Has there been any word on if AMD is working on a fix? It seems that it is an issue with RDNA3 and prerendered backgrounds in general. I found a few other threads concerning the layering issue.

0 Likes

Ya. I bought 7900XTX can't work,and now i bought ROG ASUS Ally, also can't work. think is AMD issue.

0 Likes
NotMyGPU
Adept I

I suggest raising a case with AMD, i raised one with their support team and provided a video as well as some logs. Haven’t heard anything back from them but I imagine more reports might lead to some sort of fix. 

0 Likes
Mahou
Journeyman III

This happens also with the 7900XT on my new desktop PC. The latest update today did nothing. I also reported it via the Bug Report Tool, though I'm not counting much on it. This didn't happen with the integrated gpu of the 7700X cpu + my 7+ years old nvidia gtx 970.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the posts, just to let you know we are looking into this.

I'll update the thread when I have any updates to share. 

finally our voice have been heard! thanks!

0 Likes
j0wnz
Adept I

Any news please ? I have got rogally and the bug is annoying...

0 Likes
Mariononce
Journeyman III

Hello, any news??

I have the same issue playing the game with RogAlly!

Thank you

0 Likes

They don't say anything...

Mariononce
Journeyman III

I had the impression that at least the issue was acknowledged...

But instead no news.

Are there really no updates @Matt_AMD ?

0 Likes

Please could you provide me with a save game file?  This would greatly aid successful reproduction of the issue if you could provide the save game file in the exact location where this issue is most prevelant. 

0 Likes

I've been wanting this fixed since Final Fantasy X was one of the first games I tried on the ROG Ally. I'm glad someone is looking into it(Thank You!!!) I stopped playing when I noticed the graphical issue pop up a few times and wanted to play the game like I use to on my Nvidia desktop(that got lost in shipping). When I get home today(in a couple hours) I'll redownload the game and upload the save to my google drive. I'll provide instructions on where to find one of the bugs when I upload it.

0 Likes

Hi @Matt_AMD,

I submitted an imgur gallery, replication steps & save files with a bug report via adrenaline months ago (7900XTX reference model). Can't find a report ID but it was submitted around 7/2 8-9AM CST. Attaching save file & media of the issue. Happens consistently in areas throughout the game, but this is the earliest incident (~3-5 minutes into the game after the opening cutscene, just playing normally). If an exhaustive list would help or if there's anything else that can be provided that would assist with resolution let us know.

Only solution I have found is to run it through my old Nvidia GPU (1660Ti) or my 7700X's integrated graphics instead, which is not ideal:

https://imgur.com/a/5ZUFcmH

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZPxNhBknXQi0HC0jftFuZxyY48gh5li/view?usp=drive_link

Video of issue & parts list: https://youtu.be/E7gbRuSjn48

Video of same area, but with Ryzen 7700X integrated graphics instead: https://youtu.be/tIyHHmG-woQ

0 Likes

Thanks for this, however I don't have access to the save game file. Can you check on that and let me know please?

Matt_AMD_0-1697021518120.png

0 Likes

If you have the game installed on the Ally, you don't even need a save. Within the first few  minutes of gameplay you'll find a visual bug. When you first gain control of Tidus(or whatever you name him) play until you get to the part when your walking into the blitzball stadium. Just walking through the crowd causes the bug and made it difficult for me to know where I was going.

0 Likes

@Matt_AMD 

Apologies, I've corrected the access so it can be downloaded now.

Thanks, I'll pass this along. 

Any news ?

0 Likes
Mariononce
Journeyman III

Where are stored the saves? (I'm playing on the PC Xbox version)

I was trying to find the folder but no luck. In case I can also upload mine. I'm on the ship to Luka and the glitch is completely covering an area of the boat.

0 Likes

I found mine in "//My Documents/SQUARE ENIX/FINAL FANTASY X&X-2 HD Remaster/FINAL FANTASY X" I'm using the Steam version so the location might be different.

0 Likes
Mariononce
Journeyman III

Hi @Matt_AMD 

Any news for this issue?

(By the way, in the end I didn't follow up since the Game Pass version of the game doesn't allow you to get the saves)

0 Likes
Tompork
Journeyman III

This is so sad. My GPU can handle almost everything on market, while i play FF X my fans arent spinning, just passive cooling and yet cant play this masterpiece. I do hope AMD fix it or at least provide workaround. So far this is the only game causing problems on my rock solid 7900XT nitro+. Please AMD let us enjoy this game and fix this problem.

0 Likes

No further updates as of yet. When that changes, I'll update the thread. Appreciate your patience until that time. 

0 Likes
Tompork
Journeyman III

Saddly, the problem isnt even listed as known in latest update. Looks like FF X won't be supported. That's sad.

0 Likes
Boriface
Adept I

I was following the thread waiting for updates (probably like much more people), but in case it helps, I have decided to write here to give more visibility to the problem: please, try to fix it… is a shame that a game like that (a Final Fantasy) is unplayable on a device like the Rog ALLY or with modern GPUs.

0 Likes

Just to confirm that we do intend to resolve this issue, and I'll be back to update the discussion when I have confirmation of which future driver release will contain the fix. Until that time, I appreciate your patience. 

Thank you. One time saying you're looking into this should be enough, but it's nice to come here and calm the waters : )

Thanks a lot for your time and your efforts, really appreciate

0 Likes

Thanks, remember the problem also happens in Rog ally (z1 extreme)

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience, the issue is now resolved in Adrenalin 23.12.1 driver which you can download here

Please refer to the Fixed Issues section of the driver release notes

Fixed Issues

• Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

Thanks! Is it solved for Rog ally ?

0 Likes

It will be once ASUS drop a new graphics driver for the Ally. 

Nice! Great work! Thank you a lot!

Fantastic, thanks for sharing and for your help Matt!

However I'm afraid to say that I have the same issue when using a 5700XT - characters turning invisible (minus hair and accessories) at certain angles, or (more rarely) shaded black on many surfaces. It is sporadic, but frequent. FMVs sometimes only show a green screen, which is an issue I've seen reported in a YouTube video by someone I believe is using a Team Green graphics card, for what it's worth.

I am using 23.12.1 on Windows 11, and did not have the same issue on my last playthrough in 2022 with the same hardware. Please let me know if there's any more detail you need.

0 Likes

Did you tried Untitled project X? I think I read your situation in the thread of steam. 

0 Likes