cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

imbaScorn
Adept I

Problems with the second monitor or hardware decoding? GTA V 6800XT

I welcome everyone, I am writing with a translator, so if you need clarification, write, I apologize in advance and hope for help.
There is 6800xt (gigabyte oc) + ryzen 7 5700x + msi b550 tomahawk (last bios update), the latest chipset and graphics card drivers (4.11.15.342 and 23.2.1), Win11 22H2
Monitors 23.5 Philips 222e2 (vga/hdmi) and AcerVG272UP(dp1.4a)

An example of the problem, recorded on the phone, I'm sorry.
1) https://youtu.be/6VUZf-Hmx_E  
You may notice that when I watch mpc without moving the mouse on the main monitor, everything works fine, there are no problems, but as soon as I start moving the mouse on the main monitor in the game, lags immediately begin on the second monitor, and the lags begin on the AMD performance overlay! And the information is loaded on the AMD overlay only when I stop moving the mouse on the main monitor.

2) https://youtu.be/hqm5Fw4J27A 

Here the situation is different. When I watch youtube in the yandex browser (well, or any other, it doesn't matter) there are no lags on the second monitor, and it doesn't matter if I move the mouse on the main monitor in the game or not, this does not affect the video on the second monitor in any way, BUT it still affects the AMD performance overlay, which again is updated only then when I stop moving the mouse on the main monitor.

3) https://youtu.be/OyWs5RTpQTo  

There is no such problem in any other games (at least the following have been tested: Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk, Civilization VI, Assasins Creed Valhalla, Red Dead Redemption 2 (launcher rockstar as with GTA V)
The problem is ONLY in GTA V, and when the video card is very heavily loaded, if the scene for the video card is not complicated, there are no such lags as in paragraph 1.

The problem was always on 6800xt, on 3060ti there was no such problem at all.

0 Likes
1 Solution
imbaScorn
Adept I

If you knew how long I had been dealing with this problem, because it really infuriated me, but I felt that I was already somewhere nearby and almost everything that could be eliminated.
In general, the problem turned out to be Adaptive Vsync Compatible, if it is enabled for GTA V, then these lags appear on the second monitor (there is no such game anywhere else it would not work correctly), if you disable it forcibly before starting GTA V, there are no problems.
I hope this will help someone in the future and AMD will see this message and fix Freesync for GTA V, as it affects freezes on the second monitor when viewing multimedia.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
imbaScorn
Adept I

Update drivers 23.2.2 but its not fix problem
https://youtu.be/XSp0mV4U5Bs - new video with problem, in another games no have problem as before

0 Likes
imbaScorn
Adept I

Updated chipset driver 5.02.19.2221 (B550) but its not fix problem (maybe it shouldn't have fixed something, just an excuse to update the theme)

0 Likes
imbaScorn
Adept I

Updated driver chipset 5.02.19.2221 and this not fix problem
(maybe it shouldn't have fixed something, just an excuse to update the theme)

0 Likes
imbaScorn
Adept I

Yesterday, the BIOS update 7C91vAC1(Beta version) was released for the B550 Tomahawk, which supports AGESA 1.2.0.8, but unfortunately the problem is still not solved.

0 Likes
imbaScorn
Adept I

The problem was fixed after installing the new BIOS update 7C91vAC for B550 Tomahawk from 03/09/2023
But I'm not quite sure that this is the fix, because when I last upgraded to 7C91vAC1 (Beta version), the problem was fixed, but then new drivers for the video card came out (and I update the drivers with the removal of the video card and chipset drivers completely through DDU and after reinstalling them), the problem she's back again. I don't want to check again now if there will be a problem if I reinstall the drivers again on a new bios, but at least I have identified the cause, relatively speaking. And why it is the bios update that fixes this error, I do not know.

0 Likes
imbaScorn
Adept I

If you knew how long I had been dealing with this problem, because it really infuriated me, but I felt that I was already somewhere nearby and almost everything that could be eliminated.
In general, the problem turned out to be Adaptive Vsync Compatible, if it is enabled for GTA V, then these lags appear on the second monitor (there is no such game anywhere else it would not work correctly), if you disable it forcibly before starting GTA V, there are no problems.
I hope this will help someone in the future and AMD will see this message and fix Freesync for GTA V, as it affects freezes on the second monitor when viewing multimedia.

0 Likes