Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

IAmJeff
Journeyman III

PowerColor Hellhound 6600 XT Boot Issues

Hi,

I have had this card for a few months now, and since I got it I have consistently had two issues.  The first, when the computer goes to sleep, I almost always get AMD driver crashes.  I solved this by disabling sleep and I am fine with this.

The other issue is when I power the computer up, the video does not come up.  I am pretty confident Windows boots fine as I hear some Windows chime (two sounds, 1. Like a USB device was connected, 2. A strumming chime) on my audio.  If I do a hard boot off and then boot on, it boots fine.  This is annoying, but fine.  I am a bit concerned this is a ticking time bomb.  I do not really have issues when gaming.  I had hoped this would get fixed in a driver update, but I kind of expect it won't at this point.  Should I be concerned?  Any suggestions?  My power supply is 750 watts, so it should be providing enough power.  I have tried the following:

• Disabled fast startup in Windows 10. 
  • Multiple rounds of running the AMD driver cleaner utility and then installing the drivers again with the internet disconnected.
  • I do not recall this occurring with my previous card a RX 480, although it was only in this PC for a few weeks.
  • Checked the card was set & power cable connected well

Rest of my components:

Processor: Ryzen 5800x
MB: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 Plus Gold 750W
HDD: WD SN850

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
0 Replies