cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sappy1
Journeyman III

pc system crashes while playing rainbow six siege rx 6600 xt

When ever I am playing rainbow six siege on my rx 6600xt, it will system crash, sometimes right when it starts, and usually without any warning during a match randomly. I have tried trying different RAM and PSU, reinstalling adrenaline. Also there will sometimes be a little frame stutter occasionally. It has also happened playing titan fall 2 but never when playing vr or any other game. This never happened on my rx 580 before installing the 6600 xt.

2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Listing your complete PC specs would be helpful .. including the make/model of power supply(s) .. RAM kits make/model 

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed for your platform (go to AMD.com for AMD, Intel.com for Intel)

What resolution are you running at? (probably 1080p)

What type of cooling are you using? How are your CPU/GPU temps?

How is the airflow thru your case? You have to keep your VRM's and RAM cool too

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I don't want to be rude and butt-in here but Sappy1 is not responding, I have the exact same issue with my RX6650XT, and I do not want this issue to be overlooked.

PSU: EVGA Gold 500W 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4 3000Mhz

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 6650XT

MOBO: b450-m pro4f

I have air cooling, its never been an issue before, the CPU is always typical values. And yes, 1080p.

I have a friend who has the exact same build and has the exact same issue. I do not get this with games such as Rocket League, Minecraft, PUBG. Only Rainbow Six from the games I play. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I just want to state that the issue is that I will be playing and suddenly everything goes black and the PC will restart, this might happen 3-4 times per ranked game, thus 3-4 times in a 45 minute period.

0 Likes