cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

No user or how to manual?

I don't quite understand something. All over in the known world things come with a User Guide. But not AMD's line of GPU's? I've asked a number of questions and get no responses. Is the purchaser of an AMD GPU just supposed to figure out, for example, how the adrenalin software that runs the GPU works?  Lots of You Tube videos, but many of them are conflicting with what is the best way for the settings to be configured. 

I never got any kind of documentation when I purchased my RX 6700xt. Just a static bag that had the GPU in it. Is that the way they come now?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

Yea, that's pretty much how things work today. Generally, there is a little square piece of paper with a url to go read installation instructions. Then it's simply not practical to describe all the settings in adrenaline with a hard copy as it is always changing. Additionally, the best way to configure a GPU is very different given the usage: work, general home, gaming. Then you have to consider laptop vs desktop, and the cooling ability.

Then there is the "what sort of gamer are you?" Are you sensitive to screen tearing, input latency, etc...? I personally configure my system to be quiet and have a very smooth gaming experience (VRR/fressync). Being fairly old, l latency is generally not an issue for me unless it is drastically poor, unlike some young competitive FPS player.

There is no one setup fits all. It's best to describe what sort of experience and player you are, and your hardware, then hope someone helps you, or you can google it. This is just something you have to learn if you want to be a PC gamer.

I've been gaming for a number of years now, but only with a few games. I, too, am older and not into the competitive side of things, but I record my gameplay for my YT channel and it's getting me frustrated as all get out that, while I got my game (Madden 24) to run pretty smooth, the recordings show up with lot's of stuttering going on. 

I've done several different posts on different forums concerning this and either I get, "that's an EA issue" or no response at all. I know that I can't be the only one with the issue, because there are other you tuber's with clean enough videos out there. I was just trying to find out if I had something set wrong in my GPU settings is all. 

0 Likes

How-to guides, https://www.amd.com/en/support/driverhelp 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes