cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

traceyb124
Journeyman III

No Display after replacing MOBO

I have replaced an old MOBO with the same new MOBO (Gigabyte A320M-S2H.  I have a Ryzen 5 CPU.  When I boot, I get all fans and lights running but no display, not even BIOS screen.  I have read that the BIOS needs udpating, but how to do that when I can't boot into the BIOS.  Any suggestions??

0 Likes
5 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Ryzen 5 is quite vague one
Is it 1600 2600 3600 5600? Because A320 supports 5600 only with BIOS update. So you need to update BIOS BEFORE installing newer CPU. Or buy mobo that was produced with newest BIOS version, even though it is not that likely to happen.

And as i don't see Q-Flash PLUS button on your MOBO, you have a problem. Basically you need to find dummy CPU to put in this mobo to flash BIOS. Maybe you can buy such service in some tech shop, i don't know.

0 Likes

We purchaed another processor and confirmed that the original processor was bad.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hey,

This topic may help you out. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/community-resources/troubleshoot-your-broken-pc-like-a-real-it/m-p/5449... 

But if you need flashing the A320 for a Ryzen 5600, you will need an older CPU for the BIOS update.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

We purchaed another processor and confirmed that the original processor was bad.

0 Likes

All parts are the same as before from the old to the new same model Gigabyte Motherboard?

If your Gigabyte is brand new so it should have at least a BIOS version from 2022 which is F54 if bought after January 2022.

If your new Gigabyte Motherboard was manufactured before 2022 than it will have a BIOS version of F53 or older installed.

If your processor is a 5000 series Ryzen 5 CPU then you might need to update the BIOS to version F55 or newer for the motherboard to recognize it. Depending on when your Motherboard was made in the year 2022.

If your Processor is a Ryzen 5 3000 series CPU most likely it should work out of the box with the correct BIOS if your Gigabyte Motherboard was manufactured after 01/2022.

Now to answer your question. If you have a Ryzen 5 5xxx CPU you probably need to update the BIOS to the latest version F56a.

To do that you have several options:

1-(Free) Open a AMD Warranty and see if qualify for AMD to send you a BOOT Kit which includes a older CPU for your to install and update the BIOS to the correct version. You then send the BOOT Kit CPU back to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

2- (Free unless you need to pay shipping) Send in your Gigabyte Motherboard under Warranty and see if Gigabyte will update the BIOS for you or see if your Retailer will exchange it for a newer Motherboard.

3-(Free) Borrow an older compatible CPU from a family or friend and use that to upgrade your BIOS.

4-(Paid Services) Take it to a local Computer shop and have them do it.

Those are the options that comes to my mind at the moment.

NOTE: Does your Motherboard have Trouble LED on it so that when it doesn't boot up it gives you general area at where to look at?  If not then you will need to install a System Speaker to hear the Beeps to determine if it is your CPU or something else preventing you from booting.

Did you wait at least 5 or 10 minutes to see if you get video output once the PC starts loading Windows? But I don't believe that is the issue though since it is the same Motherboard before and you did have video output during POST.

0 Likes