cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Angeluk
Challenger

My RX 6800 XT does not show any display signal on windows start up.

Hello,

My RX 6800 XT does not show any display signal on windows start up. The PC is beeping 5 times on start up.

My PC is working perfectly on my built in GPU (7900X).

I tried HDMI and DP cables on both 6800 xt and the built in GPU, and both cables working on the build in gpu but they dont work on the 6800 XT.

I resit the 6800 XT a few times, no change. 
Also the 6800XT is NOT visible in the Device Manager, while the built in GPU is visible.

The 6800 XT is properly connected with two power cables and lighting up when PC starts.

I performed a Bios update to the latest version

Used DDU and AMD driver cleaner tool to make sure any driver leftovers are gone, installed latest AMD driver, but still no luck.

My config: 7900X, 750 watts seasonic focus platinum, NVMe SSD, 2x16GB 6000 mhz

Any suggestions?

2 Replies
DipakJ27
Adept III

Based on your description, it appears that the RX 6800 XT is not being properly recognized by your system.

This could be due to a number of factors, including:

1. BIOS settings
  2. The BIOS may need to be updated to support the RX 6800 XT.
  3. Driver issues
  4. There may be an issue with the AMD drivers for the RX 6800 XT.
  5. Hardware compatibility
  6. There may be a compatibility issue between the RX 6800 XT and your motherboard.

I recommend trying the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

• Update the BIOS
  • Make sure that your BIOS is up to date.
  • The latest BIOS version can usually be found on the manufacturer's website.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the AMD drivers
  • Uninstall the AMD drivers completely using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and then reinstall the latest AMD drivers from the AMD website.
  • Reset CMOS
  • Resetting the CMOS can sometimes resolve hardware compatibility issues.
  • To reset the CMOS, you will need to consult your motherboard's manual.
  • Test the RX 6800 XT in another system
  • If you have another system available, try installing the RX 6800 XT in that system to see if it works properly.
  • This will help to determine if the issue is with the RX 6800 XT itself or with your system.

If you have tried all of these steps and you are still unable to resolve the issue, then you may need to contact AMD customer support for further assistance.

Dipakjadhav

Hello,

Thank you for your input, all you mentioned above has been done, despite that i havent tested the 6800 XT in another machine, but i tested the PC with my built in GPU and it is working as it should Therefor i believe the problem is the 6800 XT itself

0 Likes