cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

redrazor
Journeyman III

My RX 5700 clock speed doesn't increase pass 1425Mhz or its boosted clock

Last month I bought a refurbished/2nd Hand gpu (MSI Mech OC RX 5700) for my gaming rig as final component in upgrading my PC, recently I have doubts on my GPU because some benchmarks on the rx5700 clocks speed reached 1700~1900mhz, furthermore of doubt that probably it was flash or modified its vBIOS for cryptomining or I just have no knowledge buying or setting up my GPU for gaming.

its GPU clock shows from GPU-Z is 1625 Mhz, yet my gpu can't even go to that value. 

gpuz.PNG

 

I tried to go overclock tuning on adrenalin, yet it cannot go pass beyond 1415Mhz 

Adrenalin oc.PNG

Moreover, AMD adrenalin, GPU Clock speed seems to be almost max near 1400MhzAdrenalin.PNG

Also, here's the MSI Afterburner that the GPU clock speed is just half-way there and not going beyond 1400Mhz

msi afterburner.PNG

My system:

• MOBO: MSI A520M Pro-VH
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen r4650g
  • RAM: 16GB 3600Mhz
  • PSU: 650w

PS: Should I try re-flashing my rx5700 to its default bios or any solutions that may find helpful just to make my base clock better?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey, sorry for late replying its just AMD just sent me an email today notifying that a reply.

On your discretion is to find a software that could flash your rx5700 with amdvbflash. Save your current vBIOS, then find your exact model of rx5700 (mine is the MSI Mech OC), download that latest bios then flashed it with your software

(You may find this kinda difficult but there are YouTube video tutorial that may help, and yes the risk is very worth it)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hafidh_Bens
Journeyman III

Hey bro, I have the very exact problem of yours and the exact same graphics card as well, So Please if You found a fix for it, Please tell me!  and if you tried to re-flash its default Bios please tell me the result!

0 Likes

Hey, sorry for late replying its just AMD just sent me an email today notifying that a reply.

On your discretion is to find a software that could flash your rx5700 with amdvbflash. Save your current vBIOS, then find your exact model of rx5700 (mine is the MSI Mech OC), download that latest bios then flashed it with your software

(You may find this kinda difficult but there are YouTube video tutorial that may help, and yes the risk is very worth it)