Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AceCW
Adept I

My 6950 XT is broken I think...

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a Sapphire 6950xt Toxic card. I thought I would treat myself with a brand new high end gpu, but it seems that nothing runs properly and I only get graphical anomalies in pretty much every game I play. I also get these weird black pixels that pop up all over my screen when the gpu is under load.

I'm thinking of returning it if there's no way of fixing it and it is actually broken, so any help or insight on this would be very helpful, Thank you.

Pc Specs : 

Gpu : 6950xt

Cpu : Intel i9 9900K

Mobo : Asus TUF z390 gaming plus

Ram : 4x8Gb 3600mhz

Power : 850W

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, I bought it a week ago so the return warranty should still be good, just waiting for them to reply and I tried posting some videos of the cards behaviour on this thread but they still haven't been approved yet, but pretty much they show the card artifacting in time spy benchmark and crashing in the first 5 seconds every time and the water in Witcher 3 stuttering and going a bit crazy no matter what setting I put on the card.

Didn't know about taking pictures before sending it back and now I will be doing that to make sure I don't get ripped off, thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

What PS are you using and are each of the pcie power connectors attached to a different 12v rail?

I'm using a corsair rm850 80 plus gold and yes each power connectors are attached to there own rails.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

If the video card was purchased recently, I recommend returning it under warranty, and take another one, try to limit the fps (if it is too high) there was such a problem before, the video card at high frequencies with high fps could artifach in games. Of course, you can try it on another PC, if there is also a problem there, a 100% warranty case, the main thing is to be careful with it, and take a picture of it from all sides when you give it to the store, there have been cases that it will be damaged in the service center and they will say that it is you, and the case is not guaranteed... anything happens.

Yes, I bought it a week ago so the return warranty should still be good, just waiting for them to reply and I tried posting some videos of the cards behaviour on this thread but they still haven't been approved yet, but pretty much they show the card artifacting in time spy benchmark and crashing in the first 5 seconds every time and the water in Witcher 3 stuttering and going a bit crazy no matter what setting I put on the card.

Didn't know about taking pictures before sending it back and now I will be doing that to make sure I don't get ripped off, thank you.

0 Likes

I do that especially with cpu's and lga motherboards.  I had to rma my 5950x last month and made sure that I took pictures of the bottom showing all the pins were straight and undamaged with their rma number beside it to prove it was taken before I shipped it back to them.

0 Likes