cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

crenelle
Journeyman III

More current driver for AMD Radeon Pro 5500M on 2019 16" MacBook Pro w Intel running Windows Pro 10?

Hiya!
The most recent driver for the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M running on my (vintage) 2019 16" MacBook Pro with an Intel i9 running Windows Pro 10 via Boot Camp is dated November 2022. I tried running Starfield after updating to the latest available driver, and saw a little alert box appear suggesting I update my drivers

Currently, Starfield makes it to the intro quest and then crashes for no discernible reason. I've gleaned from reading community posts in various places that more current drivers seem to alleviate that sort of problem.

Will there ever be an update made available?

I normally run these things on the macOS side, but the game is not yet available there, so I thought, what the heck, I'll see if it works under Windows.

Thanks!

-Mike

1 Reply
parkerperson
Journeyman III

Hey there! Might be a late reply but I would recommend looking into https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

I use their drivers for gaming, as you ran into the same problem with the original being outdated already. Apple and AMD unfortunately don't update the bootcamp drivers very frequently.  This is a pretty common problem when it comes to gaming on bootcamp.

Added bonus is I've found better performance with his drivers as well. All the drivers are verified and have licenses. The guy who makes the drivers tries to update them as frequently as possible and the community is also very helpful in their forums!

Hope this helps,

Parker

0 Likes