cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maddthom
Journeyman III

Merc 7900XTX horizional static across BIOS screen with driver installed

I've looked thru the forum and haven't found anything similar to my problem.  Without AMD drivers installed, computer boots fine, can F12 into the BIOS if I need too and boots into windows normally.  However, with an AMD driver installed the PC boots normally BUT the BIOS screen I see Old School CRT static colored bars at the bottom of my screen but the PC boots into windows normally and can surf or watch Youtube without problems.  BUT if I try to play the Division 2 or Star Citizen the games run fine for a few minutes, then the screen goes blank BUT I can still hear the game/youtube running in my headphones but NO signal to my display.  After that happens, the Old School Static is the only thing I can see, I can hear the PC boot, can hear Windows boot, other programs starting but all I see is colored static on screen.  The only way I can work around it is to remove the 7900xtx and use this old 2Gb GPU to boot and remove the AMD driver, reinstall the 7900xtx and try again.  I've flashed my BIOS to the most recent version, I haven't reinstalled windows because it would take over a week to reinstall everything because my DSL is so slow( 6Mbs ) and I've turned off HDCP and they do not help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
maddthom
Journeyman III

My specs are:

Merc 7900xtx

5800x3d

64gb ramm

Corsair Rmx 850 PSU

Gigabayte x570 Aorus Elite

9 HD's, 5 Mec and 4 SSD's (SSD's are the 2 NVME slots and 1 each plugged into USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 motherboard headers)

0 Likes