cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Chrissy8283
Adept II

Many Issues with RX 7900 XTX

I'm not that Happy with the Performance of my rig with a RX 7900 XTX.

I have 450% more FPS than before (GTX 1060). Yes that's a good gain, but I feel like the Problems, Bugs + Screen-Flickerings increased by 450% too!!
This Card is totally not Plug & Play able. Sometimes I need to play around 2-4 hrs with settings in a game, until I can play it without a single crash for couple hours straight..
Also it is not due to not enough Watts, I do debugging and my max Watt Usage (when the GPU Draws 400Watts) is 650Watts..
So here is all Information I gathered for the start:

MY PC:

- CPU: Intel Core i7 13700kf
- RAM: 2x G.Skill Trident Z5 16GB DDR5 5800MHZ RGB
- CPU-AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 with 3x Arctic P12 White A-RG
- Case-Fans: 4x Arctic P14 White A-RGB
- Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Lite White
- Mainboard: Gigabyte Gaming X AX Z790
- GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming RX 7900 XTX OC
- Storage: 2TB Samsung 980 PRO + 2TB Lexar NM 610
- PSU: MSI MPG A750GF (750W)
- Monitors: 2x Gigabyte G27Q (1440p + 144hz via Displayport)

I experienced several issues sofar:

Driver Issues

- AMD Adrenaline Software randomly closes
- AMD Adrenaline Software randomly get's "unresponsive" and needs to be stopped via task-end
- Star Field crashed randomly when you have Radeon Super Resolution / Radeon Boost / Radeon CHill / Radeon Image Sharpening on. (Seems to be fixed with Beta Drivers 20.30.01.02 AFMF Release)
- ^^ also applies to some other games

Screen Issues:

- Gray Bar flickering at Games which are not on DX-12 (DX-11 / e.g. Fortnite Performance Mode) [I get gray bars flickering all over the screen, similar to old Monitors when they don't have a good signal to GPU]
- Frame-gen- & input-delay is quite big. (8-20ms in fps games, with my gtx 1060 it was always <5ms)
-After long usage (5hrs+) I white screen bar flickering on desktop base [Like gray bar flickering, but the bars are white]
-Recording via Radeon Record & Stream (on 1440p, 50mbps bitrate, aka Very High Res settings and AV1 encoding) works, but quality is way worse than same settings with OBS ?!?
- When you tab out of a Fullscreen Game, the second monitor goes blank for 1-3 Seconds

Tuning / Hardware Issues:

-If I undervolt by 0.05mV my GPU crashes on load (Black Screen > Driver Timeout)
-If I limit the Watts (-10%) my GPU crashes on app starts (Black Screen > Driver Timeout)
-If i do both, I even get Blue Screen sometimes
-AMD Adrenalin Software doesn't track GPU Fan's speed (keeps saying 0% tho they are running)
-Performance Tuning Options reset with every boot up

I mean that's GPU dependent, but if i OC with a different way than through adrenaline, it's "easier"

I know in the past the "latest" releases from amd gpus, always had massive driver issues. And the drivers aren't fully done yet. But still working on BETA Features and not fixing Pretty important things is pretty annoying.

Please AMD do something!!

3 Replies
dyllan0429
Journeyman III

I agree. Still having bug issues when I play COD MW3 I get froze up and booted randomly. I have completely reset my PC  and still hasn't fixed the issues. Would love for them to fix everything that's wrong.

0 Likes
eebiii
Forerunner

I still think you need to be @850w or above. 

0 Likes
ed6698
Adept III

If this ASRock 7900xtx Phantom is the same one listed on Newegg, you are way underpowered for your GPU and CPU. You are leaving next to no overhead for power when taking in consideration the entire system.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
0 Likes